Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Clifford Intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JT Apperson, Nov 18, 2014.

1. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Anyone running a Clifford Intake w/Holley or Edelbrock 4 barrel for a 292 Chevy inline 6....Thanks JT

2. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I am. 600 Holley, heated intake. it's very responsive, but I'm not always flogging it. 200-4R trans too. I prefer the Clifford as I like the curved turn at the ends, not a 90 deg. like some others. I'm very happy.
    pic of the black eng is my 292 in my avatar 37. the other is a spare 250 that I have.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Clifford is my choice. Do they have the carb linkage? Are those Cast Iron exhaust Manifolds from Tom Langdon?
    What ignition system are you using. My 292 is in the machine shop as we speak. Looks like a winter project.
    Thanks for the help....JT

4. bump back up top for JT.:D

5. Hud I

Hud I
    from Tennessee

I prefer the Offy over the Clifford. If you run WOT the design of the Clifford is better. The Offy is more disigned for torque. I have heard over the years that the Offy is best for street use. I run the Offy 3x1 on a 292. I like the idea of a carb. on each port. LHud

6. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Hi Donnie......After giving it a lot of though I decided to go w/the 292 block instead of the 265.
    I love those Inline 6's. Hope all is well....JT

7. All is good, John. Not looking forward to Winter, though............Stay warm.:)

8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

yes, those are Langdons Headers. running a stock HEI