Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cleared another hurdle in getting a title for my 52 tonite

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevelle bob, Dec 2, 2011.

1. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

When I bought my 52 it did not come with a title. I didn't figure it would be abig deal to get things in order since I had heard of guys around here who have done it. The seller was real nice about things and wrote out a reciept for me and I drug it home. Went to the DMV and was told I had to have a bill of sale by the seller and the reciept did not mean anything. No problem I called the seller, took a day off work since he was 2 hours away and went to see him. He filled out the Bill of sale and told me if there was anything else just call and he would go to the DMV with me. Went back to the DMV and was told I had to have police do a vin check and fill out another form. City police would not come out since I live out of city limits. No problem , I called the county police. Seems like they only do VIN checks on Wednesdays and you have to call ahead of time and make an appointment for them to come out.:mad: Got busy at work and coule not take off another day so here it sat. In the mean time I had been putting parts on it hoping I would be able to get the car titled some day. I remembered a girl I coached in softball who had a father who was a state cop. Called him this week and he said no problem. Came out tonite and had it done in 5 minutes.:) Now I get to go back to DMV Friday to see what else I have to do. Last time they said this would be all.:rolleyes:

Thanks to the guys on here for the advice and tips while I have been going down this long path.

Bob

2. chevelle bob

chevelle bob
    from Linton

Jackpot! Got my title in the mail today. Not really too bad once I got the papers I needed. Just had to get a Bill of Sale and a police vin number verification. Turned those in a week ago and eureka. Now I feel better putting money in it since I is really mine now. :)

3. Congrats! It always seems that the process isn't too difficult once you know what is required. Now getting someone to tell you what all the requirements are, well that is where the pain is!

4. ahawes

ahawes

Congrats. Jumping through those hoops always sucks. I'm sure the end result is worth it though.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Congrats! Nothing... and I mean NOTHING, feels better than getting that slip of paper. I was like you, sweating bullets and wondering if I was spending money on something I'd never own.