Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classifieds

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 18n57, Apr 27, 2009.

1. 18n57

18n57

I think it would be a good idea to identify sellers, who are Alliance members, in the main page of the classifieds(user ID in red). Maybe, save some of us time, who don't want to fool with these fly-by-nighters that are appearing there. Feeling like I won't even open an ad unless it's an Alliance member. Just my .02 Steve

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  2. silent rick

silent rick

who you calling fly by night?

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

so you trust anyone that plunks down $50?

Someone selling a car or rare item could take you for a ride for thousands with that mentality.

Its best to haunt the classifieds and know who you are buying from. Most of all... trust your gut.

4. 18n57

18n57

Read the rules for using the classified forum, post #2 from Ryan.. I'm only suggesting that, since the HAMB will only assist in policing deals between Alliance members, it would help to ID those members without having to open every classified ad first.

5. silent rick

silent rick

i can take a hint

6. 18n57

18n57

Rick, I'm certainly not throwin' stones at you. Just grumpy today... need that intelligent hard body myself, I guess. Hope you find her........

7. KOTC

KOTC

most case senarios for buying/selling (especially used) is BUYER BEWARE, im a huge buyer/seller on a few other sites where we use the I-Trader and that actually helps in knowing who you are dealing with. I have never screwed anybody over but have been screwed over but im not gonna ruin it for someone who might be new but still might be a good seller/buyer...open minded til something doesnt seem right.

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

You do know that as an Alliance Member, you can choose to not have the "Alliance Member" tag under yer name under "group memberships" in the user CP. When that is done, your user name isn't red.
    So how would you know???:cool:

9. i agree with you but on the flip side , "why trust anyone who doesnt plunk down $50??"

10. silent rick

silent rick

the amount of stuff i've given away to fellow hambers could have bought at least 6 years of alliance memberships. shipping those items on my own dime would have bought more than another year. we all have our way of contributing. how many alliance members would there be if it didn't come with benefits?

11. i have donated more than six years worth of alliance memberships not counting the two i have already subscibed to for some great causes and donations to those in need and i can tell you that i have donated a lot more than i have benefited from my alliance membership money wise but the $50 bucks is nothing for what i feel i get out of the HAMB!!

12. 32 FORD RODDER

32 FORD RODDER
    from tennessee

it is horrible to think that you would judge some one of wether they are a good person or not, by wether or not they sock 50 bucks towards a lil badge under there name. i am new to this site and use it for the classifieds. havent and probably wont pay the 50 bucks to be an alliance member. that doesnt mean that i will screw anyone. you can always ask for references if you are interested in what some has to offer. there is also ebay ask them to put the item on ebay with a buy it now, that is secure and a legal contract.

there are alot of good people in this world but you need to do your homework before sending them money.

13. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

I have read this board for years and never had anything to say. I joined in January. I met Ryan at the Roundup. After talking with him for a few minutes, I realized what a passion he had for this board. I bought a membership on the spot. It's about supporting a good cause for me. Without him, the help he receives, and Alliance memberships, this board is not possible.

14. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

It's not about whether someone send $50. bucks TO SUPPORT THE SITE.... that does not make anyone better than anyone else, except for those who abuse the place and refuse to support it at all.

It's the fact that we have verified their information when we do... It's a lot easier for us to help you settle an issue if we know who we are really dealing with.

As far as identifying them in the column listing, I have no idea if it's even possible and not real sure it would be worth the effort.

15. Dantheman

Dantheman
    from Nebraska

54 Chebby Kustom. This kuctom had been setting for 21 years keep inside. It was started to be built and never finished. The kustom work was of the best with the back fenders were cut and moved in 21/2 inchs the fenders were also carved out for the 53 Buick side chrome along with the fenderskurts. The hood coners were all round the hood was pancaked. Frenched grill headlights antaina. It has a 350 1970's and 350 trans, P.S, P.D.B alot of new parts. To meany things to list. $20,000.00 or trade. No junk. [email protected]

16. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

The only thing I would like to see on the classifieds is not to let the FNGs sell. I don't know how many times I have seen the first post is something for sale.

17. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

ya, like post 15 of this thread....read the rules, hang around a while, take a test of the rules, after 50 posts, allow them to post ads....and if they do stupid, drag the behind a car at the HAMB drags.....:)

18. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

The best changes that could be done are.
    1. Remove the reply button from the classified pages.
    2. You must delete your ad when your whatever sells.
    3. Have A real HAMB death squad that travels the country for thieves.......................... (I have access to a 330 cat excavator)

Can we start with brick-32?????

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  19. Muttley

Muttley

Thats not a bad idea except that in ads like my decals I have for sale there are 40+ versions and you are only allowed twenty images per post. There would have to seperate ads and that wont work either. If it could somehow be tweaked so that the reply tab would only show up for the original poster that would work.

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

All I can say 50 dollars is a donation to this wonderful club .Even if I didnt have the money which I dont / I really like paying with my paypal credit ,Ill just sell something to make the 50 .Back .Sometimes you have to give to receive.Just wish ryan would stop putting the dates on the Hamb plaque ,Id put one on my car when its done ,But I dont need to change it every year.....