Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classifieds sub section: Cars/stuff FS that's not yours

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by synthsis, Sep 26, 2007.

?

new section?

This poll will close on Feb 10, 2035 at 2:09 PM.
  1. good idea

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. shut up dummy

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. synthsis

synthsis

I come across a lot of stuff for sale in my travels and on the net that I just don't need or can't justify the purchase, i.e- crazy deals on cars, motors, wheels, whatever. Also, I've got friends who are not as active on the net as I/we are and I'd be happy to throw the info up for them with a small description and means of contact

I was thinking of something like:

53 Ford For Sale:parts/whole
    sellers name/sellers number
    rough location

basically I see a lot of stuff on craigslist for example that's worth looking at but i do not want to put it on the main board and I can not justify listing it in the regular classifieds.

yay/ney?

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nay

As it is now there are a hand full of HAMB members who have taken money and not shipped parts or sellers who said they would take it and are still waiting for their money to be sent.

We really don't need more problems with NON HAMB members who we don't know/ can't be traced and would probably care-less.

Honor to some is not the same as honor to another, unless you are willing personally to pay out of your own pocket for a deal that gets screwed up by a non HAMB member.

Cob
    Classified Moderator

Oh and by the way - Craigslist posts or Ebay links are not allowed anyway.

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I was the first to vote in your poll....

I actually proposed the same idea and I agree with you.

Unfortunately, the reality that Cob threw out there is just that, reality.

My main goal is to get the HAMB people in touch with old iron and old parts AND keep the classifieds clean enough that they work for everyone. There is probably a way to make both things happen but we definitely want to roll with the split we have planned and keep it simple.

We can always have another look at it after we work the new forums out.

4. synthsis

synthsis

I was thinking we could take it one step further in the ease dept. If someone posts up a "Hey, I found a 31 A truck cab on the side of Rt40" there is no option to reply, it's like an ad in the classifieds in the newspaper: post the info you have, and leave it up to the interested buyer to pursue.

Cob, I wasn't thinking of using the HAMB member as a go-between, or escroe, more of a "scout" role for something you found that you know a fellow enthusiast could use or need.

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Here's a copy of what I proposed. .. As I said, we agreed to wait and see how thw sections we have now work/don't work. There is a HUGE opportunity to exploit with a section like we are talking about. Just need to figure out the ins and outs before opening up a box like that.