Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classifieds PM woes

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Bear Metal Kustoms, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I need to vent a bit here. I understand that people abuse the ad forum by bumping their stuff, etc... BUT.../Dealing in PMs only sure leads to some shady stuff though... Check out this link.. I had sent the guy payment after we had a deal promptly with pay pal. Then he decided to take someone else's offer that was 25 bucks more. through pay pal also. Now I have to hope he cancels my pay pal payment... This blows..

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2349667&posted=1#post2349667

I am about done buying stuff on here... Jason.

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I hate not getting a reply to a pm when the seller is online that the part is sold, then finding they've updated the ad with a SOLD on it way after I asked about the part.

I'm with you man!!!

3. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Oh, i got replys telling me he was selling to me... I then sent pay pal to the place he told me to.. Then, he tells me never mind. I am selling to someone else for more money$$$.. If I miss a deal or whatever, that is fine.. I just hate people with no moral integrity... Jason.

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I only try to buy from alliance members
    I figure if they're willing to fork out $50 to support the board then they're probably a bit more upstanding?

just a thought
    Zach

5. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I would have PMd one of the mods before A. publicly posting that stuff, and if that wasnt bad enough B. starting a second thread, linked to the first, so more people can see it.

It doesnt look good on you. Is it right that he did it? No. But....there is nothing in there saying that he wont give you your money back or anything.

6. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Look good on me??? I am pointing out the problem with a flawed system...He signed off right after he knew he had my pay pal but told me he was selling to someone else... No word of" I will get that right back to you".... Jason.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Buy and sell at your own risk... We certainly give more attention than an eBay or Craig's List would, but it's still a buy/sell at your own risk deal.

8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jason,

As hard as it might be, you just have to roll with it. About a month ago I had the same thing happen to me. I had a deal worked out with a guy on a 348 Chevy engine he was selling through craigslist. We agreed on a price, I got his address and ran it through mapquest and I was all set. The day before I was supposed to go pick it up the little twat emails me and tells me he sold it to someone else for more money. I was very disappointed and pissed at the same time - I had some serious thougths about twisting his neck shut.:mad:

However, I eventually realized that the problem was all his and none of it was mine. Along with that motor, the asshole sold his integrity too. He's a dirtbag and I'm not. My integrity is intact and his is not. My word still has value and his does not.

You're going to run into these asshats if you buy and sell. How you respond and your attitude is all on you.

Hang in there brother! Thankfully, dickweeds like this guy are few and far between on the HAMB.

Thor:cool:

9. 6inarow

6inarow

I think we found the definiton of "fucktard" that FurBiscuit mentioned in the 'Drying Paint Out' thread a couple days ago.

I sold some parts recently and after I agreed on a price, someone offered me more and I didnt take it because my word is worth more than money. Bear Metal, I am with you - it sucks and the guy cheated you.