Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classified ads

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 1956 F100, Sep 28, 2013.

1. I would like to see a way to mark an ad as SOLD without bumping ad to the top . A lot of ads get pushed down by an ad that is no longer available. Just a suggestion. Gary

2. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Pretty easy, use edit option.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. 117harv

117harv

Yes, the edit button works for doing that, many seem to overlook it?

4. slammed

slammed

'Delete' the entire thread. I wish everyone that sells an item would do this. I find searches that are 'sold clear' at the bottom of the ad in some cases.

5. But no one does these things ,they put sold and bump ad to the top.

Tulsa ,ironic that the post you made before posting about just edit it was to post SOLD and bump your ad to the top to say it was sold.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  6. 117harv

117harv

7. At least you know it's sold! HRP

8. What I would like to see is a way to tag as Sold without bumping to the top.

9. slammed

slammed

Why does the thread need to be alive after the part is sold? By elimination it is not in anyones search, leading to a dead/end thread.

10. silent rick

silent rick

ryan and the moderators prefer that you not delete the ad. that way, if something goes bad, they have a way of going back to pass judgement whether the item was misrepresented or anything else. if you delete the ad and photos, there's no way to prove anything.
    it's best to pm a moderator and have them close it for you. they will close it without bumping it to the top.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I prefer you just reply to them as sold.

We suck at being a classified site. I mean, it's hard to be good at it when you use a forum as a basis.

That said, I'm working on some improvements.

12. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I was wondering if Anyone would pick up on that! We have a winner!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. wouldnt it be be good option to give an ad a TTL ( time to live )

like a 30 to 60 day run and than it would delete itself

just an idea ....

14. 63comet

63comet

I know that the mobile version is an extra chunk of work, and I'm grateful for it as it makes reading things so much easier from my pocket robot box.

Next round of updates would there be any practical way to make locations and prices show up on the mobile version?
    It is quite frustrating to find "that thing I just can't live without!" just to have to click over to browser view to learn its in Malaysia and priced at three times what I can afford.

The few, one?, classifieds ads I have up I have tried to take this into consideration and made sure the price and location are in the body. I reckon if other posters would do the same it would achieve the same results.

15. I just listed a Model A in the classifieds and have gotten sever PM's about why I didn't list a price and I replied that I did list it.

It seem that if you are reading this on a smart (?) phone the price doesn't show up,,guys like me that don't live with a phone in there hand 24/7 are not aware of this quirk with the phones,,so to try and help I went back and added it to the thread.HRP

16. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

I personally like the "sold" at the bottom. I kind of use it to determine what stuff is giong for when I'm buying or selling. Just my .02

17. 63comet

63comet

@HRP, as far as I know it's just a quirk with the mobile version.

I haven't much use for a computer these days beyond forums and email so I use my iPod for everything, it took me a while to figure out I needed to jump over to the full browser version to see all the info in ads.

18. 1955IHC

1955IHC

It took me awhile to figure it out to after sending numerous PM's asking how much and where. I've also posted a few for sale ads from a mobile device and there are no separate areas to post price and location or any other form to fill out.

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone