Register now to get rid of these ads!

classic custom compacts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bugfink, Oct 22, 2011.

1. bugfink

bugfink

Were there any early compacts that were Kustomized back in the day? Falcons, Comets, Darts, Americans, Valiants and so on. I know they did Gassers but what about cruisers? Bust out those old 60's car mags! I want to build a 60-61 Merc Comet and would like to know and see some pictures.

2. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Good question, I'm curently trying to finish my '62 Comet and trying to keep the early '60's custom theme.

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Im a sucker for midsize cruisers/kustoms, but its hard to find them done right.

4. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

There was a nicely customized '63 Corvair coupe that showed up at the annual Speed and Custom Car Show in Chicago in the late '60s/early '70s; it was metalflake green and had handmade rectangular taillights that wrapped around the rear quarters and were Frenched in. Wonder where it is today?

5. screwball

screwball

try the los boulevardos site

6. bugfink

bugfink

I have a lot of pictures of corvairs done in the 60's but cant find any other makes! I'll post the corvair pics when I have a chance.

7. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

There was a whole spotlite book on custom compacts, been awhile since I looked through it and can't remember if there was any Comets

[​IMG]