Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classic Cars and Proms...they go hand in hand don't they

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 19, 2011.

1. Deuces

Deuces

I went to my prom 32 years ago... I still see my prom date once in a while... :)

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. I didnt drive my 53 to our prom because my group of friends wanted to get a limo, but i did drive it to out sadie-hawkins dance.

this picture was at my dates house, thats her 59 el camino next to my 53

[​IMG]

3. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

Here is my grand daughter, and my car she took to the prom saturday. She is the one in the middle with the dress that matches the car

Attached Files:

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i skipped my senior prom. Big whoop spending all that money for some shitty dance. I put that money toward my hotrod!

5. Deu55

Deu55

Hey Denise great photos , I drove a mates daughter we where the only ones in a hotrod...Rod.[​IMG]

6. 53 Vicky, three words of advice for you .... " Marry the girl !" :D

7. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

I had to chime in and add a ditto to the comments on the smile and resemblance. I swear, if I saw Alex walking down the street before seeing these pics, the first thing to come to mind would have been... "hey! you must be related to Denise!"
    Great Pics!

8. aha that was a pretty good slip up! Glad you caught yourself.

9. missysdad1

missysdad1

I had the privilege of driving a young couple to their prom last year. What a hoot...for all of us! The amount of attention they got at the dance when they de-car-ed amid a field of ho-hum white stretch Hummers was incredible! A neat evening!

[​IMG]

Neat people!

10. 19Fordy

19Fordy

That is extra cool. They will remember that forever. Plus, it's great to see some teens who are "squared away" and have a good future.

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Small house! But cool rides, and must be a great girl!

12. mj40's

mj40's

I thought the Olds had a cookie dispenser mounted under the dash. :D

13. flattopdan

flattopdan

great thread and love the pics. cant wait till my kids are old enough to go.

14. i went to prom in an old Fiero, no i didn't get lucky that night.

15. flattopdan

flattopdan

WHAT!! You didnt get lucky rockin the Fiero!!!!! How can that be lol..

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

can i relive prom so i can attend in some cool ride. love this thread!

17. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

Here is my daughter for her middle school grad. Obviously she wasn't driving then but we took the pics anyways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

High school reunion? :D

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

now thats true! i still have a few years until the first one :)

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

She's as beautiful as ever Frank, and I love that dress.

Yes, you are correct, going to a prom is VERY expensive, Alex paid for the prom and Tessa's flowers himself and his mother paid for his tux and shoes. I was shocked at the cost of the actual prom. BUT it is something he wanted to attend. Great once in a lifetime memories. Prom's and dances aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I think he looks more like me then his mother BUT he's idential looking to our first cousin Craig.

It's actually in the trunk, don't want to get those cookie crumbs on my FatLucky interior. ;) :D

I owned two Fieros back in the day and have got a very unusal Fiero story for you that will NOT be shared on the internet OR in print SO find me at the Lonestar Roundup or any other event and bring up this conversation and as long as my Father is not around I'll tell you a funny/gross/sick Fiero story.:D

21. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

If you want to see a prom car show then Nevada, MO is it. Tradition has kids riding in anything different or cool and half the town sitting in bleachers to watch. They even throw out a red carpet. Lots of different...combines? forklifts, scooters. Lots of cool...harleys, street rods, hot rods, muscle cars and trucks. The following year we took one of my trucks (and got voted king and queen :D). Alot of us drove muscle cars and old trucks daily, I think that was toward the end of those times. Sadly you don't see real cars in high school lots anymore.

The first pic is me and Mrs. Leevon in 1997, we had a fight and broke up right there in line to the red carpet, sitting in her neighbor's 56 belair, then got out and put on those smiles. The next year we were back on... now going on 10 years of marriage and 2 kiddos. Haha we thought we knew everything!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  22. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Awesome Olds's and pictures!!

My first prom I drove my Dads thunderbird. Second prom I was going to drive another car of my Dads but it poured rain right before I left that night and he said he didnt want me driving it in the rain, so I had to drive my parents minivan. Good thing my date bailed on me a few days before!!
    [​IMG]

23. 66L-79

66L-79

Here's one of last years prom with my old truck, this year he drove his 1967 RS Camaro Red with Red Deluxe interior.

Attached Files:

24. I got turned down by a couple girls who were waiting for better offers, so I decided to skip the whole mess. One of my dads friends heard I wasn't going and why, he insisted I take his K-5 Blazer and matching Sanger to Crescent Bar Resort and tear up the lake for the weekend. Best "dateless" weekend I ever had.

You can damn well bet our son will have something cool to drive to the prom and for that matter any of the neighborhood kids.... old cars were made to be driven, enjoyed and nothing I have will ever be too nice to be used/abused.

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Thats cool Auntie D!

26. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

There are some cool pics. I always like seeing young people in classic cars. Keep the hobby alive.......

27. laid55

laid55

My Dad picking up My Mom for her prom.,,,1966'
    [​IMG]

28. Deuces

Deuces

Cool! So how about some of you older guys an' gals post your prom pics???.... I got mine layin' around here somewhere.... Still lookin' for it... :(

29. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I will see you on Saturday... ;)

30. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

sadly,no pic's on the pc to post,but a few years ago i drove my son and his date to prom in my bosses 1941 woodie wagon [ claims the car was owned by tyrone powers [sp?] ].

they had a 'procession' at the high school before actual prom, the driveway at school is semi-circular, as we pulled into a sea of limo's [all parked along the semi circle, with a space in front of the school vacant], a few limo drivers stepped out and flagged us forward. we were able to by-pass all the kids getting out of limo's way back in the parking lot, to end up parked right in front of the school doors so everyone could see the kids exit the woodie, kids thought it was the coolest thing.

after that, i drove them to the prom, photographer at the prom almost killed himself trying to get in a good position to take pic's of the woodie and the kids getting out of it, was really a cool deal.