Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Classic car toys for girls?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrFalcon62, Mar 13, 2015.

1. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

My daughter is 9 months old, and loves to play with her cousin's toy cars. I have been searching for some classic car toys that are not made of die cast metal and that are not flaming pink Barbie cars for my little girl to play with. Do any of you know of any classic car toys that would be good for her, and where to purchase them?

Thanks, in advance

2. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Green toys inc has a cool little race car and a dump truck that look vintage. Cheap, made of recycled plastic in the USA. My little girl likes them.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Give her the same cars as boys get,she can sort that out when puberty rolls around.

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

always gave my girls toy cars, they like them, die cast, hot wheels, plastic models, tonka dump trucks, bulldozer for dirt, they enjoy them like any other toy,

5. Yep, I only had daughters and they grew up with just regular car toys, not sex specific ones. I think the only pink cars they ever had was the big battery powered one they drove and when we built them Jr. Dragsters because it was humiliating for all the boys to be schooled by a pink flamed rail. :D

MrFalcon62 likes this.
  6. raymay

raymay

My now 36 year old Daughter grew up loving anything with wheels. She and her older brother were always playing with all kinds cars, trucks and riding toys. They still have the Hotwheels and other vehicles they collected. Our Daughter showed a real interest in whatever Dad was building. At 17 we gave her a set of keys to the Chopped 37 Chevy and I actually trusted her more than our son whenever they took it out. In 2011 when I found the 37 and bought it back, she hopped behind the wheel and took one of her sons for a ride telling him how much fun she and her Brother had growing up in the back seats of Pop's cars.
    Now the Mother of 3 of the coolest little guys who seem to have inherited their Mom's love of anything with wheels.

b4.JPG b8.JPG b15.jpg scan0032.jpg

MrFalcon62 likes this.
  7. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great pics , RayMay !

My daughter is now 6 (almost 7) and is a girly-girl with a tomboy streak . She likes My Little Pony & Barbies , but also likes Transformers & Hot Wheels too . Crazy , huh ? A few years back , I restored a pedal car for her with mixed reviews , but when I gave her all my old Hot Wheels to play with , you'd have thought I gave her a million bucks ... I don't get it !! I'd say , just get the same toys you would give a boy , don't gender-ize it .

[​IMG]

Notice it's not hot pink , lol !

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    MrFalcon62 likes this.