Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Classic auto parts is liquidating

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scott27, Feb 20, 2018.

1. scott27

scott27

Classic Auto Parts in Hayden, Idaho, is liquidating their yard. They have an ad on cl. $350 per ton for cars and $2.00 a pound for parts.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. scott27

scott27

There is a video on YouTube. Garwood wrecking

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. scott27

scott27

Crushing in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

add to the "sad" list: Svgel's Auto parts - Englewood, Colorado - Notice given Feb 1 - Liquidating treasure trove of vintage auto parts

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I watched all of the 13 and something minutes of the Garwood wrecking video and there isn't much left of the interesting stuff to make them worth buying. Most of what you might want to build a custom out of were so cut up for parts for others that there wasn't anything left. The late 60's GTO ? ragtop if it was a rag top with no top was so rusted that only an extreme hard GTO guy would even look at it. The majority of those look like they have given everything they have to give to put other rides back on the road and don't have much left to give.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I watched all of the 13 and something minutes of the Garwood wrecking video and there isn't much left of the interesting stuff to make them worth buying. Most of what you might want to build a custom out of were so cut up for parts for others that there wasn't anything left. The late 60's GTO ? ragtop if it was a rag top with no top was so rusted that only an extreme hard GTO guy would even look at it. The majority of those look like they have given everything they have to give to put other rides back on the road and don't have much left to give.

7. Lotta those cars been picked over, but still a ton of treasures there. Too bad they are doing this in winter.......even more snow in the last week.
    I've driven past that yard but never had time to stop. Would have been a cool place to prowl around.

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Hurts me to think about it. I think i saw a couple of Old's/Pontiac's with bubble tops. A 55-57 wagaon.
    all tomorrows Hondas

9. brad2v

brad2v

I stopped there 20 plus years ago, and can recall a row of late 20's/ early 30's iron that I was unable to get anywhere close to. They were on the other side of a rather large ravine.

10. Things change folks get old. situations and circumstances sometimes dictate that a hoard of treasure be disposed of. I think there are still more projects than there are ready willing and able buyers.

low down A likes this.
  11. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

The price of scrap is about $140 a ton delivered to the Portland area. Sounds like the guy shooting the video is trying to make $210 ton as a middle man.

12. scott27

scott27

He's not trying very hard. Most will be crushed.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

RMR&C likes this.
  13. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Pretty much everything gone as of last week. some loose parts in the building and maybe 20 random doors.
    Prices never used to be that good, but now whats left is priced to move for sure

scott27 likes this.
  14. I know its all gone at this place. But even if I have something on the trailer headed to the scrap man. I will not sell to the general public for scrap price. Its worth something to spend time dealing with the public. and I still have to pay the state and local sales tax on the sale. and do the paper work involved. At the scrapper I don't owe those taxes. just the 15.3% self employment and income taxes. so when I sell something here on the Hamb and Shipp it. Like the $100 Y block intake. and get paid by a payment I must run thru the bank. I pay the 10% sales taxes and 15.3% self employment tax plus I might owe income taxes.

15. Dang, Old wolf, can't ya just take the cash and put it in yer pocket? :)