Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Circle cutting torch attachment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Andy, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy

This thing I made is probably very common. I needed to cut some holes and came up with it. I have used it forever. The pivot is angled to use with small holes and turned around for large holes. It is awkward as hell but is useful.
    274D9EDE-E201-4CB9-8DC9-11BC639BCBFE.jpeg 56D3CFC1-E6C4-49EE-B779-5EEC03B0B9DE.jpeg 57E9EDC2-0DB4-4288-8DC0-F3600E86443F.jpeg DE9280EE-CE6A-46EB-BA5A-D9AA457FD481.jpeg

pitman, loudbang, Texas Webb and 12 others like this.
  2. rusty valley

rusty valley

Nice ! its amazing what a nice cut can be made when the torch is steadied with a mechanical device. good idea there !

46international, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  3. I used t9 work with a guy that had retired from the railroad in Nashville .
    He had more tools then I had ever saw,,,,,and that was just what he had at work .
    He had many more at home .
    Anyway,,,he had an apparatus that was similar to that ,,,it would cut perfect circles in steel with a torch .

Jerry has been gone a few years now,,,,,boy,,,I miss him .
    There wasn’t anything he couldn’t make .

Tommy

loudbang, Texas Webb and Stogy like this.
  4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Made this out of an electrical clamp, probably cost a lot today, mine was cheap in 1969 ! IMG_7791.JPG

5. Johnny99

Johnny99

Hi Marty, fun talking to you at Toutle. This one brings back some memories, good and a little sad. Been working in fab shops a long time now, had a circle burner almost exactly like this. The good, I got it from a very talented fella when he retired who had gotten it from another man when he retired, it had all three of our initials carved in it, kind of a legacy thing, made that simple tool pretty special to me. The sad, left it on a torch one day during lunch at a time when our shop was very busy with a lot of unknowns working there, yep somebody walked off with it. Curses!

loudbang likes this.
  6. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

I made an attachment to cut circles with my torch once :)
    rest_cut.jpg
    Machine.jpg
    Mike

rusty valley, loudbang and Budget36 like this.
  7. cfmvw

cfmvw

Made a nice one when I was stationed at Clark AB Philippines, used to make a lot of manhole covers with it as they frequently disappeared before we started replacing them with rebar-reinforced concrete ones.

loudbang likes this.
  8. pitman

pitman

^^^ possible tis a flexible Fixture...System!