Register now to get rid of these ads!

Church 5 Lost and Found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnJoyo, Nov 27, 2008.

1. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I walked into the shop yesterday morning and one of the guys had left the new Church magazine on the counter. I brought it home with me last night and have been staring at it all day......IT'S BAD ASS. It's a collection of photos at the Fremont Dragstrip between late 1960 and early 64. Rikster colorized a couple of the photos...

Coby, if you see this.....THANK YOU for doing what you do. I love your approach of no bull shit, all awesome. It's so real man. Please don't change your direction, period.

If you haven't seen this one yet.....get it asap. Every picture tells a story. This is just a crappy sideways camera-phone pic, but I love this one. Coby hope you don't mind......
    [​IMG]

2. Yes I can subscribe to this wholeheartedly. The new issue with the Fremont photographs is like a real time capsule. Thankx Coby!

3. TOE

TOE

Is the new issue available for sale anywhere yet?

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

*** I just found out that they are available thru the Jalopy Journal store. Gotta go order one...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  4. wow....looking forward to getting a copy soon...power and the passion shine like there's no tomorrow.

JohnJoyo....leave the photo's to Coby:rolleyes:;):D

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

5. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

6. very true.....anyone can buy a guitar, but that doesn't make one a great guitarist.

Cheers,

Drewfus

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Coby is my hero......

8. Where do people get their copy?

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

10. Deadender60

Deadender60

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I hate Coby!

-Juan

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It was a fight but I think I ordered one.

12. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Thanks guys.

John, keep building kick ass cars and you won't have to worry about taking pics. Say hey to the gang over there at SASS.

Ryan is kind enought to sell them in the JJ Garage Sale section. Get your goodies straight from him, and maybe pick up the new calendar while you are at it. Here's a few spreads from the new issue..........

C

Attached Files:

13. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Hey Coby! I will say hi to the crew. (I only help make the builds happen, help with ideas, direction and help Sean sometimes with interior stuff....I don't actually do much of the building....just so you don't think I'm actually good at anything) ;)

Thanks for posting those pics.