Register now to get rid of these ads!

chrysler intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B-Ray, Aug 2, 2008.

1. B-Ray

B-Ray

Does anyone know where to get a 3 carb intake for a 331 hemi, what I should be looking for. Thanks

2. Bodacious

Bodacious

Look for one listed for a 331-354.

3. dv8

dv8

I hear they are pretty rare....It's easier to get a 4-carb, still not cheap or easy. There are some re-pops that were made on a limited run, but I hear they were cast from an original, and came out smaller due to mold shrinkage or whatever, and aren't the best manifolds to say the least.

4. Andy

Andy

A friend has one. He believes only one run was made of 50 manifolds. These were Edlebrock. The story goes that the hemi guys were not interested in anything but 2x4's

5. flatoz

flatoz

Some are being produced as we speak, their not finished as yet, but their is a line up. I have two coming my way. supposed to be done middle of the month, but unsure on how many are being done for the first run.

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

www.lakeheaders.com

E-mail Matt. I believe he can get one together for you, but I don't think he finish welds them. You might have to have a friend with a tig welder finish it...

7. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Here's a cast 2X4 manifold that would fit my 354 IF I grind off the brazeing at the end of each corner that someone years ago added. Anybody fill me in on why they did this? Thanks, Lon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Abomination

Abomination

9. jj mack

jj mack

www.vintagespeed.com

has had "coming soon" for along time now, at the bottom of the page.

give em a call and let us know.

10. B-Ray

B-Ray

Well I e-mailed vintage speed just waiting to hear back I will let everyone know, thanks for all the input

11. George

George

'55 331-392 all interchange.

12. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

P.A.W. makes a low profile intake with interchangable tops. a 3x2 top (for Holley carbs) is available. It would be very easy to make a top for 3x2 97's.

13. Why not build a log like they did in the day??

14. Bugman

Bugman

My understanding is that the deck height is different between the 331/354 and the 392, so the 392 won't interchange.

15. The intakes were the same from short deck engines (331-354) to tall deck engines (392) as long as they have the right heads on them. The 392 heads have more meat on the intake side of the heads than the 331/354 heads. If you put a 331/354 head on a 392 you can get or make spacers to take up the extra space between them and the intake. If you have 392 heads on a 331/354 your only choice is to run a separated log manifold.

16. I notice the portion of the intake flange that blocks the water ports in the heads is ground off. What that was done for is totaly beyond me.You are going to have to find a way to block those ports. I also noticed the generater bracket has also been cut off. Looks like to much work to make a usablepiece to me.

17. B-Ray

B-Ray

hey e-mail vintage speed and they said "DON'T KNOW AT THIS TIME. STILL WORKING ON IT, BUT REAL BUSY, HAVEN'T HAD MUCH TIME TO FINALIZE AND TEST." so no true time frame.