Register now to get rid of these ads!

chrome strips

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wayne57, Nov 7, 2010.

  1. wayne57
    Joined: Jun 16, 2010
    Posts: 18


    Anybody know where or have a good source for chrome door panel trims strips with the tabs on the back ? i want to try and make some fancy door panels and have no idea where to get some in various lengths.

    thank you
  2. F&J
    Joined: Apr 5, 2007
    Posts: 13,223


    I don't know where to get that stuff new. I assume you mean polished stainless steel..

    For decades, builders have used donor pieces off of cars in the 40s,50s, either original door panel trim, and even outside body trim that they cut and modified.

    Can't be many old yards down your way, so maybe swapmeets (too late now) or buying off the auction site if you know what donor car you need it from.

    Here is a pic I saved of some outside stainless used for door panels. I don't know what that trim came from...not my car.

    Also, I just bought hood side trim from a 37 Ford to use for door the Stafford meet a few weeks ago. it's 1/2" wide, one piece per side is straight, and one piece like a hockey stick. It will look slick on my car style. I found a 37 ford pic on Google to show it.

    These are all easy to make clips for in my opinion.

    Attached Files:

  3. 4woody
    Joined: Sep 4, 2002
    Posts: 2,103


  4. I used 55 Dodge Royal Lancer door trim on mine. You're best bet would be to find some in a wrecking yard that still has old cars. Dean

    Attached Files:

  5. yellowcamaross
    Joined: Sep 28, 2010
    Posts: 2

    from Canada

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.