Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Chrome Steel Wheel Comparison..

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Elcohaulic, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

delete

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Originals and have them chromed?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Elcohaulic likes this.
  3. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

What year are the rims from? chevys from 57-sometime in the 60s had smoothie deep dish wheels from the factory, they almost look reversed

Elcohaulic likes this.
  4. Knghtcadi

Knghtcadi

I bought some from Pete Paulson and the photo showed them having vents which is why I bought them but they arrived without and when I called he said no one makes a oe wheel like that it’s no big deal he didn’t understand y I was mad and couldn’t return them because I had a custom back space so I wouldn’t recommend them

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Elcohaulic likes this.

5. joey7508

joey7508
    from TX

So not really an answer but I just spent the past few weeks shopping chrome steel wheels. Right now Wheel Vintiques has some in stock and some on back order. I called a couple of times to see about having a custom backspacing done and chromed. They were fair and reasonable. But they were waiting on the stamped centers to arrive at the end of January, and then it would be a 4-6 week wait to have them made and sent out. But implied that they might not get the stamped pieces to them on time. No big deal. I checked within Stockton wheel. Said they could make the wheel I was looking for and have it chromed at a shop they use. But a rough estimate at the time was $450.00 per wheel before shipping. I wound up ordering the wheel Vintiques 62 series (primered) and having them powder coated for now. Mine were 5x4.5 so you might have better luck with finding the 4.75 you need in stock.

Elcohaulic likes this.
  6. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Most mag wheels aren't hub centric. I honestly don't see what the big deal is with that part of it. Your lug studs in the wrong place? I have some 14 series Vintiques that run very straight and true.

SPark

Elcohaulic likes this.