Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome Plating Shops in NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, May 13, 2009.

1. This is a little OT because it deals w/my sons late model truck w/20" tires/rims.
    I'm looking for a good chrome shop somewhere near Jacksonville, NC for my son. While he was overseas he had me buy him new(Black Chrome) rims & tires for his 2004 Dodge Rumble Bee. Five days before he came back to the states I had the tires & wheels put on his truck & then took it out to a friends house who drove back to North Carolina so he could have it when he got back on base. Unknown to me the shop who mounted the tires scratched a couple of the rims. When he got back to town he talked to the owner of the shop && they admitted it was their fault & said they will take care of the problem. Since the rims he has are no longer being produced his has to be repaired. My sons leave time wasn't long enough for shop have them & get them back on his truck. So the shop owner told him to find a chrome shop near him & that they will pay for any cost to have them repaired.
    Does anyone know anything about Chrome East in Concord,NC or knows of another chroming plating shop that does good work near Jacksonville, NC....joe

2. billsat

billsat

Chrome Rite Plating in Fayetteville is a lot closer to you than Concord. They chromed a set of valve covers for me a few years ago and did a nice job. They've been in business for quite a while, so I would imagine they're doing something right.

3. Cracker123

Cracker123

Chrome Rite did a bumper for me in 2011 and I was very pleased with the results, but they are out of business now. I just talked to the owner today, he has the phone line forwarded to his house so he can tell customer he's closed down due to health reasons. I just found another shop called Jerry's Bumper, also in Fayetteville, so I am going to ride down there tomorrow and check them out. Has anybody heard of/used this place?

4. Problem I see is finding a shop locally that offers BLACK CHROME. HRP

5. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

To find a shop that does black chrome AND rechromes automotive wheels; you are very limited.

I can't recommend anyone but my first guess would be Advance Plating in TN. My next guess would be a wheel plating shop in CA. that I cannot remember the name of.