Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome platers in GA or anywhere?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadracer, Mar 29, 2007.

1. roadracer

roadracer

I need to re-plate my 64 catalina bumpers.

Anyone recommended in or around Atlanta, or is it worth shipping out-of-state?

Anything to look for/ask of a plater to determine they know their stuff? I'm not looking for show chrome here, just a daily driver with some slight rust to fix..

[​IMG]

2. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

You can check out the work of Southern Bumper,they are on/off of the 85 connector,near the Farmers Market in Forest Park.
    Go by and see if you like their product.
    If you did not know,'ya can not copper plate in Georgia,so there is not an easy "polishable" medium they can lay down prior to plating.

They have been in business quite a while,and it all depends on the type of chroming job you are looking for.

Check them out.
    They do chrome,and they be "local".

3. roadracer

roadracer

Thanks Chuck. Weird about the copper plating - I thought that was the standard method under chrome. I'll call them to discuss..I saw someone online that wanted $450 per bumper + shipping :(

4. Phil1934

Phil1934

I sent a grille to Pot Metal Restorations in Tallahassee after asking my local street rod shop who was good.

5. Dallas plating is good.
    They did the bumpers on the 57 Chevy we did and they came out beautiful.