Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome OEM type wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norris McCarty, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

Does anyone build a chrome oem type wheel that is fully chromed and polished in the lug area? Most I've seen don't have much chrome/polish in the center of the wheel. I'm wanting to run open lug, no hubcaps.

2. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

Stockton Wheel, Wheel vintques, Coker tire all have chrome OEM wheels. Check there websites and give them a call.

3. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

Got mine from Wheel Vintiques back in 99 and they still look great. They even contacted me while they were making mine to double check the offset I wanted.
    I use plain old lug nuts then slip on chrome nut covers like semi trucks use, people use them for dressing up flatheads too. They make several different sizes. I've never seen anyone else use them, most people have bullet type lug nuts or spider caps.

4. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

My problem with the chrome wheels is that most I've seen have a very poor(not shiney like the rest of the wheel)finish around the lug area. The chrome seems to be thinner in that part of the wheel. Not like the chrome on the rim. Maybe it's because the chrome around the lugs might crack when the nuts are torqued down. If that is the reason then they are all built that way and I've answered my own question. I hate it when I do that!

5. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

The reason we don't do it is because most people don't want to pay for it. But we'll do it for an extra $20 Per wheel
    Jimmy