Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome in Arizona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragonknucks, Feb 8, 2012.

1. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Hey fellas, I'm lookin to get advice on where to take my bumpers and grill. I live in PHX, AZ. I have heard mixed reviews on Papago Plating, Metro Plating and Tucson Plating. Anyone here have any work done by any of these places? I'm looking for best quality and money really isn't a concern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Rocky

2. azsnow

azsnow

I know for a fact that Papago Plating is involved in Environmental issues with the ADEQ, so once in awhile, they think they are going to prove something, and "raid" the place. Issues have been going on for years, but I wouldn't take the chance of my chrome being tied up in a shop that can't operate if the state gets a wild hair.

3. daddio211

daddio211

4. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Platers are a pain in the ass, regardless. I have generally used Metro for chrome and copper plating ... The quality has been OK. The only problem is that they never have the stuff done when they say they will, but that is typical. The word I've heard is that Papago is a bigger pain and less consistent than Metro.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

abuddy had a whole car worth of chrome done by Fernando's metal polishing up on Deer vally road and 19th ave area a couple of years ago and it was great and very affordable. I have heard several other local guys recomend him since.
    I have had a couple of small parts done by Papago in the last year or so because they are about three miles from my place. I'm considering having him do more stuff including the frame for my '53 Triumph show bike soon. Kinda a crap shoot though...

6. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I've been using Metro for 30 years, a few minor problems in all that time, but fixed quickly. They have never lost a thing, which is a problem for some others. Tried Papago once several years back, chrome looked OK until you tightened a nut on a bracket, and it flaked off. Back to Metro, and no problems.

-KK

7. dragonknucks

dragonknucks

Thanks everyone for the info!!

8. I use Ideal in Tucson. Prices are reasonable. Had quite a bit done. Not show but good driver quality. The roadkill will not even notice as I mow them down.

9. 23reotim

23reotim
    from arizona

I used Papago several years ago and was not thrilled with the quality. not terrible but not great either.

10. dlmann

dlmann
    from az

i have been using metro for a while--moved here 3 years ago and when moving would bring a bunch of stuff to them from new england as the platers there have been awful as far a quality and time! i would stop in and see them ! dave

11. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Most of our business is by mail. If you would like any advice on how the process works, ask away here, PM me, call, Email, whatever.

We did all the plating on the 51 Kaiser shown in the link above. Our quality is top notch, but we are very busy right now with about 8-10 weeks for turnaround. With Spring coming, we expect to stay busy until late summer.

Good luck!

Josh

Custom Metal Finishing IN
    9705 State Road 38
    Hagerstown, IN 47346

www.ChromePlatingIN.com

[email protected]

12. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Papago will sand the edges off your parts every time.

Shipping to Josh was surprisingly affordable, and well worth the peace of mind that I would get prefect parts back.

13. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Try Odgen chrome, they pay shipping both ways, go to the web site. Just had work done and it was great. Phone # 801-394-9449

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  14. carlitos way

carlitos way
    BANNED

i used ideal for many year and all was show chome talk to don or many tell them Carlos Smith sent you

15. There is a shop called GTI and they are located near the Tempe market place and they have done nice work on my chrome for the 32 no complaints from me . The address is 116 south industrial rd Tempe AZ (480)9686069 and for Lilas and mention my name

Frenchy

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012