Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHROME bumper scam at LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Ordered some Falcon bumpers at LARS. Thought I was safe buying from a vender at such a respected event. Sent a check a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard from them since.
    Does anybody have any info on a shop named Chrome at 20687 Amar Rd #2-274 Walnut, Ca. 91789. Or have I been scammed.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Just googled CHROME Walnut Ca

Guess I have been scammed.

3. John Denich

John Denich

And that address is a UPS store......does not look good!

4. wallyringo

wallyringo

5. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Should have followed my instincts.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Crap Gary, sorry to here that. Only a guess, but you might try getting ahold of the powers that be with the L.A. Roadsters and see if they have a physical adress or reports of anybody else in your same shoes.

7. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

8. Over the years I have never had a problem with anything. Vendors, ebay, etc. I know it's just a matter of time. The scam people continue to come out of the woodwork. I hope it works out for you.

Links above shows he has a bit of a track record

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  9. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Shouldn't your bank be able to provide some info on who cashed the check/where?
    If you make a check out to "CHROME" then somebody must have a business acct. under that name somewhere for them to even be able to cash it, no?
    Maybe LARS has had contact (or soon will)from other guys who got scammed by them at the show, and you can combine your detective work.
    Its a hassle, but if you just give up and take it as a life lesson, then the f'rs win and live on to screw the next guy.

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

loginrc likes this.
  11. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

..... I wonder if these guys are the infamous "Bumper Boys

I like the Bumper Boyz. They sold me a set of bumpers for my 48 Ford and they are perfect. Absolutely no issues with them . Nice people too.

12. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Lifes full of ups and downs,this scum deserves to be ''put down'' !

13. there are some LARS members on here, maybe one will try and help you out.

If not try this

L.A. ROADSTERS
    P.O. Box 6639
    Burbank, CA 91510

E-mail: [email protected]

14. Not necessarily,,I'm gonna play Devils advocate,, I know of a few local home based Businesses that use UPS addresses,,nothing uncommon in today's market for a small one man or family business trying to stay in business.

I hope this thought gives you a glimmer of hope,good luck. HRP

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Could you try contacting the U.P.S. store? Some one has to be coming to the box to collect checks and such everynow and then.

16. don't know if what i added below will show or not....but yeah Jeff...looks kinda odd they are in same place...but now selling on canadian e bay....

<DIR><DIR>Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

</DIR></DIR><DIR><DIR>Submitted: Monday, September 19, 2011
    Last Posting: Tuesday, September 20, 2011
    Reported By: Revenge — gonna find you! California United States of America

</DIR></DIR><TABLE dir=ltr border=0 cellSpacing=0 width=623><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=middle width="79%">Juan Treminio20687 Amar Rd. #2-274Walnut California 91789United States of America

</TD><TD vAlign=middle width="21%"><DIR><DIR>Phone: 323-515-5107
    Web: [email protected]
    Category: Auto Parts

</DIR></DIR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Juan Treminio Chrome USA OR US CHROME This man is a bad person!! He needs a personal visit from me!! Walnut, California

*Consumer Comment: Revenge

Print this Report
    Email this Report
    1Author2Consumer0Employee/Owner
    Rebuttal Box | Respond!

<DIR><DIR>Respond to this report!What's this?
    Also a victim?What's this?
    Arbitrate Set The Record Straight!
    Repair Your Reputation
    ...the right way! Corporate Advocacy Program

</DIR></DIR>I had a deal on e-bay on bumpers for a 61 ranchero. I asked him for front and rear,he sead he had them both. We did the deal off E-bay, Bad move on me! Its been three weeks and nothing, I sent money to a bank of america account # 0036927130 Juan Treminio for 500 hundred dollars. After calling him many times I started doing some research and found rip off report with the same guy but different town and number. I called the numbers that other people reported of this guy and it was his voice on the answer machine. He also sent me fake tracking numbers! This guy is a smooth talker and keeps telling you bumpers are on the way. He needs to be found!!!!!!! I did recieve a invoice form him called Chrome USA.

17. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Thanks guys I haven't given up hope yet. Not sure what I'll do next yet. Hope this thread will help some of you. I thought I was smarter than this but greed takes over. I thought i could save $160 the next best bid was $300 each. If it really turns out to be a scam and I'll know in another couple of weeks. I'll plaster it all over the hamb and facebook and maybe save you some $. Your threads have certainly saved me some in the past.

bigmikes50chevy likes this.
  18. Fenders

Fenders

19. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

One of many threads posted here.
    I am glad it worked out for you....but so many have had a really bad deal.

Steel Rebel/I hope it all comes out well.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638501&highlight=bumper+boys&showall=1

21. cougstang

cougstang
    from Illinois

Not sure if this is the same place or not but, I bought a rechromed 70 Cougar front bumper on ebay from "Lupe Perez" on Amar rd, Walnut Ca. This was about two years ago. I called and spoke with him, I paid via Paypal and was supposed to wrap my core in his box and he would have ups pick it up. he told me he also had a rear bumper if I was interested and I said yes, but I don't have enough in my paypal account to pay for both. Told him I had transferred money to them but needed 4 days to be completed. He said no problem and he would ship them both as soon as he was paid for the front and I could send the rest after it cleared paypal. Three days later ups delivered them to me and I spoke to the driver and told him I would be sending cores back in a couple days. I opened the package and the bumpers were very nice, no complaints. I boxed my cores and called Lupe so he could have ups pick them up. That is when he told me that I should put his shipping label on the box and he would have ups pick them up. I did it and put them on my front porch and never heard another word from him. Like I said, not sure if it is the same guy or not. He was very friendly and helpful but I don't think he was very slick?

22. atrout

atrout

I'm interested to know how your bumper buying "adventure" turned out. I'm in the middle of eBay buy that seems to be tracking right along your story line...

23. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Did he rent a space at LARS? They should have the info he gave...(truth???)

I hate being ripped off!

24. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Wow sorry to hear about this, looks like its been going on for a while, I'm suprised no one has hurt these people?? This is America isnt it?? An eye for an eye and what not.. If I ever come across this juan character from this fake shop I'll do you a favor and punch his lights out, promise.

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Do that and you'll likely be his cell mate.

26. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Still haven't heard a word from them. He got me. Someone will get him in the end. A costly lesson for me. Think twice and sleep on it and check the internet before you send money.

27. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I was at the Monroe WA swap meet in May. There was a couple of chrome outfits there. I forget the name of one of them but he had a beautiful bumper that I wanted to buy. They wouldn't sell it was it was "sold". A buddy was staying until the bitter end. He saw them pack it up and put it in their truck. Classic baiting technique. Up here in Vancouver we have a few good shops that do excellent work; but you have to pay for it.

28. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Just put the word scam in the title so more people would open it.

29. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Who cashed the check and where?

30. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Go to the FBI website and fill out a report or call your local office. It will probably qualify as "white collar crime". They do go after people like that. It will be a week or two, but you will get a call from an agent. Gather ALL the info you can including info from this thread. We pay these guys to catch scumbags, so put some of the tax money you've paid to work for you. I received a full refund from an online scam by filling out a FBI report and then getting a call from an agent, so it does work, hopefully for you too.