Register now to get rid of these ads!

Christmas/New Year's break.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smokin Joe, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I wound up working most of my X-mas/New Year's break so I didn't get much done. What did you get done?
    I helped Roger a bit on his 32 roadster he's building as a Bonneville cruiser for next year since his shop has heat in it. We got the mount made for the glide seat. He used a flathead rod as a steering column mount and he's put an old orig. Hollywood license plate light and mount on it along with 41 Chevy tail lights. The headlight stands were cut, welded and bent from an old 29 headlight bar he had laying around.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took about an hour just to get the Chevelle on the road this morning. Both doors were frozen shut. Finally got in thru the passenger side and broke the driver's door loose from the inside after warming up the car. I HATE winter.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lotta damned work just to go to coffee & breakfast. Shift kits are really fun in the snow by the way. I need snow tires. 11" wide BFG T/A's just don't cut it in the snow. [​IMG]

2. Usually we have weather like that..., But "Knock on wood" so far we've escaped the real nasty stuff...!!! [​IMG]

However..., That kind of weather makes for some "Good Slot Car Races" in the North country...! [​IMG]

(Speaking of which..., maybe you have a "Slot car "Ringer"" I could rent from you for a weekend... [​IMG]!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG])

The car is looking good and Heated garages are a Blessing for the winter months...! [​IMG]

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Here's the Raunchero this morning. I'm going to add a windshield. Replace the roadsign floor and add a drivetrain when this shit melts in the spring.
    [​IMG]

A little dusty wingnutz, but standing by till I get around to building a track for it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

went back home to the island for christmas dinner

Attached Files:

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

where the wife promptly got stuck, the nephew was more than happy to pull her out with his new truck

Attached Files:

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

got a good start at hanging the rear in Eric's car New Years Day

Attached Files:

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

Already posted this...but spent the day (jan 1)with my son..throwin this together

Attached Files:

8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Just generally ticked around the garage. A bit of work on the 'Not quite the NealinCa Special' model. A bit of striping. But the main thing was my exercise in space management. In the form of a frame on castors that allows me to have my tudor body over my roadster.
    "60's style, the island looks like a nice place. Geoff aka Whodaky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Now THAT'S a HiBoy! [​IMG]

Crossing a sedan with a roadster. Hopeing to get a brand new baby coupe???? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Glad to see the ranchero is moveing up the "build list".
    I had 3 weeks off. Spent it working on other peoples shit as usual [​IMG] I did finish the body work on the 65 Impala rag top (trade/favor). It's nice to have that one out of the shop. Got the front fenders for the woody wagon finished (some of the roughest ones I've saved). Got the COE cab mounted on the rotisserie, so it's ready for the torch and hammer, and managed to buy a doner car for the new stude project. Not bad I guess, just wish I could have found time to work on the 33.

11. 38pickup

38pickup

Well, i spent the week tweaking my frame so i can z it for my 38 pickup project. I also removed the x member in [​IMG] This week includes actually zing it [​IMG] [​IMG] and patching some of the holes. I hope by the end of this week to have it zed. Wish me luck [​IMG]

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Yup tinbender, I've put it right next to the walkway so it'll motivate me every time I go by it. I've finally convinced everyone in the family to sell their Ford Taurus's and anything with Mitsubitchy motors so I haven't had to spend as much time fixing those POS wonders. I've picked up a mustang rear and I'm hunting a smallblock & tranny to swap in it that doesn't need a total rebuild.