Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Christmas movie cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I saw that too. Must have been a factory experimental or perhaps "a major award".

HOTRODPRIMER and cretin like this.
  2. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

3. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

I sure remember the DeSoto taxis. They had plastic sunroofs over the back seats so we out-of-town country bumpkins could admire the city sky scrapers. They also had huge trunk racks on the back so they could carry the trunks of travelers getting off the steam ships at the Hudson River piers. Don't know where they would have taken them. Perhaps to Grand Central Station (NY Central RR) or Penn Station (Pennsylvania RR).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Does anybody know the name of the Laurel and Hardy movie in which a long line of cars stuck in traffic leads to disputes and then an early form of road rage in which one guy kicks or somehow damages the other guys car. He responds by hitting the first guys car. Eventually everybody gets involved and the entire line of cars it totally trashed. If I knew the name of the movie I could check the websites that sell old movies.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

^^^ It's Two Tars.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Is that the name of the movie? HRP

7. Found the you tube video. HRP

8. My '40 stake truck was used in an "It's a Wonderful Life" themed Christmas promo video for one of the local churches.

OL 55, CoolYourJets and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. harley rider

harley rider

A Christmas story 2 has lots of great cars .and the story is about a 39 mercury.

10. verde742

verde742

NOPE Its a 1940 Ford Standard,

11. CoolYourJets

CoolYourJets

Also, here's a nice one near us in Colorado. IMG_3508.JPG

12. That's awesome Brett! :)

13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP...I hope this isn't too far off topic but it seemed we were running a bit short on HAMB friendly Christmas Movie Cars but found this shot from the First Season of Happy Days in their "Christmas Special" episode. The Fonz fixes Howard's DeSoto but check out the rod in the background....enjoy. The actual video is below the photo to watch the scene on youtube if anyone wants.

Screenshot_20170104-130704.png

CoolYourJets likes this.