Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Christmas List

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Today is December 1st. have you started that Christmas list,you know the hot rod parts list that you hope Santa will bring you ~ or your significant other? HRP

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

too early to think about that stuff - maybe Christmas Eve - work better under pressure - Ha!

pat59 and Texas Webb like this.
  3. All I ever want is the time, money, and space to flesh out and complete the ideas that are bangin' around my lumpy old head- almost 50 years, and still don't have 'em... at least not all at once :D

4. Oh, and I'd be more than happy to have ANY one of these doors (other than the one with the X:

upload_2016-12-1_14-54-3.png

5. pumpman

pumpman

Gladly take anything thrown my way.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. That's one big Sububba.^^^^^^

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Oh, AND the door frame as well :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Holy Molly, that thing is huge! HRP

falcongeorge and ladyhrp like this.
  9. Yup, sure did. I wrote it down and handed it to myself!

10. robracer1

robracer1

louvered hood and a Duvall windshield for my 32 roadster, it will have to come from Santa because I don't have a significant other. I guess I'll have to go to a mall and sit on the fat guys lap and do the wish thing, sure hope it works!

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Nothing for me. Whatever I can afford for the Grandson.
    Everybody else can kiss my grits, the world revolves around the boy.

12. Its the original Globe Trotters tour bus. They needed lots of leg room :D

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  13. Sent my daughter a list yesterday:
    New mirrors, horn, hood latch spacers and vintage look remote master cylinder fill.
    Then wait until spring to install them.

pprather

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  14. Grandpa! My long search is finally over. I can't wait to catch up on all the missed Birthdays, aaah.......I mean precious moments we missed.

15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 56 back from body and paint shop...

16. I have apparently been a very bad boy 'cause Santa hasn't stopped by here in many years.:(

49ratfink, kiwijeff, 47ragtop and 9 others like this.
  17. brady1929

brady1929

32 ford rear fenders? Anyone listening?

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  18. No way, Santa just believes you have way too many toys already.:)

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good try wraymen, but I think you're a wee bit over 3 years old!
    I'm shaping the little feller into a hot rodder a little at a time!

20. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

My wife and I have been keeping Christmas very low key the past few years. We are quietly endeavoring to ''spread'' the Christmas cheer and the ''real" meaning of the day, to those we come into contact with thru'-out the year, with a Christmas tradition we've together developed, and enjoyed. We've simply bought special cards with hand-written messages, and given fresh made cookies, pies, and other unique eatable treats to those we've met over the year, who don't have much of a Christmas of their own, or no families to speak of, for whatever reason....it makes us both feel good, and still gets the real Christmas feeling out there in a world gone a little crazy at times...nothing over-the-top, but it always makes them smile, and know that somebody has thought of them! My wife has her list, and I have mine...people who are not real close as friends, but who could use a kind smile and a moment of festivity........we put on a nice Christmas meal, and invite anyone who wants to partake....no $$$ are focused upon, and just a lot of sharing stories, thoughts, songs, and giving to others...and LOTs of food!!!

But,....my birthday is when I lay significant hints to my family of what I'd like in my garage ...and I hint real good!:D:D:D

21. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

i think they call it a subdivision!!

22. My wife doesn't think so.:)

23. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Money. With that everything else comes easy.:p

24. HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  25. I'm alive so I'm happy with that. We have a gift exchange on my wife's side of the family and I opted out of it this year. I always get something that I don't like or need. And usually nobody asks what I do want, and if I say something it goes on deaf ears. When my kids ask I give them my Amazon wish list.

I'll be making a donation to a charity this year and get things for family and friends.

26. My black Friday was at Hershey. And Santa did good this year. Even if I was a little bad. Ron...

27. john dioli

john dioli

My axle back from Greg

falcongeorge and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'm still putting the finishing touches on my 63 Impala after a frame off restoration. Just put in floor mats, trunk mats, seat belts, tach and painted the bottom trunk panel trim around the tail lights matte silver. Almost done. About the only thing I need from Santa is a 15 inch steel wheel, spare tire and help tuning a Holley 670 CFM Street Avenger carburetor.
    Actually we got an early Christmas present today. My wife who had colon cancer eight years ago had a follow up colonoscopy today and it was clear. The best present we could receive.

Gary

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  29. I have always loved the Christmas Season & know the true meaning of Christmas.

As a child we didn't have much but I was fortunate to have a loving family and my mom & dad saw to it there was something for my sister & me under the tree and a big Christmas dinner.

My dad & his pal Ken with limited money always looked around and found a elderly couple in the community that needed a little help and bought grocery's for them.

All this was before meals on wheels and community centers,these two men not only took care of their own family's but helped many family's over the years,they instilled that same sense of caring for others with me.

Again,I love the Season and still have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head (or Deuce Roadsters) and I am thankful I am able to teach my grandchildren like I taught my children the true meaning of the Season,but there is also room for the childlike wide-eyed innocence
    when referring to Santa so I'm still making a list and checking it twice! HRP