Register now to get rid of these ads!

Christmas HAMB - thankful and thank YOU.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Engine-Ear, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Hey guys,

I have been kinda mute on the HAMB this year, largely because of getting well. The end game is this: I still have my HEAD and I am ALIVE. Either read on or skip to the 3rd paragraph.

The short version is that my wife and I and a best-friend couple & their daughter were T-Boned in literally the first hour of 2012. Best outcome, their daughter suffered no physical injuries ... worst outcome, as the DESIGNATED DRIVER, I was targeted by an oxygen thief, POS, M/F D/H who decided to go 93 MPH in a 25 MPH zone. The wives suffered broken skulls & concussions aplenty. Because I was pushed in his direction, my buddy, who sat in the pass front seat, tore his diaphragm, had several broken ribs and a concussion. Me, I had seven broken teeth, chipped femur, tweaked shoulder & left knee, oh and a fractured acetabulum...all discovered after I was revived the scene (unlike VISA, non-responsive is NOT where you wanna be, believe me). After 6 months of rehab, I walked with a cane. What a fncking year this has been for me.

But the MAIN point is this: things (good and bad) happen for a reason. Projects get done and projects do not get done - all for a reason. I know that the HAMB is THE place for the traditional online car experience, but on this Christmas Eve eve, may I submit to you who have read this far the following:

- sh!t happens and if it's your time, brother, it's your time. Adios.
    - if you get in a jam like I did, while you are picking shards of tooth enamel out of your cheeks while you lay there unaware of the days and guests passing by your bedside, understand that there IS a higher power who/that is carrying you while you are at your lowest.
    - even if you have not gone thru a sh!tstorm like I have, if you're feeling alone, keep in mind that you are surrounded by a car culture that welcomes you and that fellowship, quite frankly, defines the community in which all of His children reside.

Mods, feel free to delete this as off-topic or whatever, The point is, there is church in fellowship. There is fellowship in friendship. And from my experience, there is friendship among HAMB-ers.

So, thanks. And Happy Birthday. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Merry Christmas to you Engine-ear.

Btw, my redirad is awesome!

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Every day is a blessing. I learned that a long time ago, but sometimes I forget. Reflection and giving thanks is something I do 365 a year. Not just during this season, but EVERY day.

I have demons I'll never get rid of, but I have learned to keep them in check. I fight every day. When things are going great, that's when I get scared. Because usually after feeling grreat, hell is right around the corner.

Happy Holidays.

4. 41 C28

41 C28

Thank you and a Merry Christmas to you.

5. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

WOW thanks for sharing that with your fellow HAMBers. We are family and we do care about one another. It is evident by the way that we express our feelings here. God speed to you all...

6. tjmercury

tjmercury

Merry Christmas! You are truly right, everything does happen for a reason and you must keep your head held high.......and when all else fails, there are plenty of hooligans on here to lift your spirits.

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

now I understand why you were not around the swap meets this summer.

wow, what a story. I am very happy that all survived and are on the mend.

is your wife still able to operate her business?

You are fortunate to have survived a very unfortunate experience. You have recognized the powers that cared for you.

I am happy to learn of your recovery.

8. Merry Christmas, glad to see you are back!
    I agree, someone has a plan for all our lives,
    but it sure ain't me.

9. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Respect for your perseverance. Merry Christmas and a better New year to you and yours!

10. Engine-Ear, I thought a wife having an affair a divorce and back surgery was bad. Shame on me. Thanks for the things you said and the way you said them. My hat is off to you.

11. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Things happen that just ain't right, but I'm glad that 'yer mostly allright now.
    Merry Christmas to you, and 'yer loved ones, and I hope that this coming year
    will be a good one for 'ya.

12. rat nasty

rat nasty

I dont know you sir but I read every word and as a fellow car guy I appreciate the life that I have! your family is in my families prayers from my fam to yours merry christmas! may there be a better year ahead for you and your family!

13. Well put, best wishes to you. My problems pale in comparison but this message board has been a comfort to me for the past two months.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  14. kennkat

kennkat

Oh my god!!! I can not even imagine.... I sit here after reading your account, and my head swims.... God Bless ALL of you!!!

15. 70L34

70L34
    from Detroit

Saw your post on performanceyears and glad you're doing better! Merry Xmas!

16. brady1929

brady1929

God bless you and happy holidays

17. Amen, brother! Here's to your Merry Christmas and brightest new year, ever!:)

18. ChefMike

ChefMike

merry xmas and god bless

19. No Cents

No Cents

Well said brother. God bless and Merry Christmas.

20. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! Good to see that you have a positive out look!!!! Cheers!

21. storm king

storm king

Merry Christmas, Engine-Ear, and to all the HAMB'ers.
    I hope for you, Engine-Ear, that the most trying year of life is behind you.
    Peace on Earth, goodwill towards men, that's a person, not a condition of humanity...

22. Merry Christmas and the best of life to you and your family!!

23. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Thank you VERY much for the replies, fellas.

Be well.

24. shadams

shadams

Terrible story with a great ending and lesson learned. Thanks for posting...Merry Christmas and God Bless!!

25. snelson57

snelson57

Sorry to hear about this, Matt.

I don't know if you recall, but we went to college together and reconnected here on the Hamb a couple of years ago.

Glad to hear that your family and your friends are recovering. Have a peaceful and safe new year...and here is to a better 2013.

Scott

26. Here's hoping that 2013 will start out and finish better for you. Glad you survived to be a witness to reality.
    Merry Christmas

27. Thank you for sharing such a great message. You have an amazingly wonderful outlook considering what you have been through. Merry Christmas and may 2013 be a much, much better year for you.

28. Glad your still with us you hipster dufus :) Don't forget to stop in for some brews.

29. Glad to hear it's starting to work out. I was very ill in 2010/11 and as well as the physical damage it did a number on my head. It is a wake up call as to how fragile and tenuous our grip on life is at the best of times. I am still working through it all.

30. edweird

edweird

Merry christmas to you and yours!