Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Chris Berne

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frames, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Frames

Frames

SCAM ALERT. Chris Berne has some nice pictures of NOS 301 Halibrand IRS with side plates and a 12 spline locker. $1,100.00 shipped but he will take less. Bank money transfer only. I can give you his email address.

stillrunners and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

He tried to sell a friend of mine's steering wheel using a picture from a magazine. Total scammer.

3. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Mail fraud it a federal crime. This scum bag belongs in prison.

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The guy is stepping up his game requiring a bank transfer only. Last time I heard of him he wanted a money order in his wife's name. Like anyone would be willing to supply him with an account routing number? This guy has no parts only pictures he copies off the web. Avoid at all cost or contact law enforcement where he lives if he contacts you with parts available.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

There is no member Cbris Berne so yes a total scammer .

Don't wire anything - No Pay Pal , no Western Union - Walmart BS

Dirty Dug likes this.
  6. Frames

Frames

7. Call me old school, but I have a big mis-trust of buying something I can't hold in my hand and look at before I buy it. Reputable online sources are another story and almost always safe. I have probably 2000 eBay transactions under my belt too, have never been burned as a buyer or seller.

olscrounger, Texas Webb and rjones35 like this.
  8. Frames

Frames

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

FRames: Is he answering HAMB want ads or is this from another online site or parts for sale ad by him?
    Found this recent post on him;

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...om-reed-allen-tx.1073575/page-2#post-12294499

Yes, its the same scammer that tried to sell me '32 parts cheap...............check out my warning thread on " Tom Reed" from Allen Texas https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1932-ford-parts-scammer-alert.1072436/
    I just had the same experience. A guy called Chris Berne [email protected] offered me a 1937 Lincoln Zephyr steering wheel, which I am looking for since a long time. He wanted the money to be sent via Money Gram (to his wife's name: Melissa Allen, 1900 Emily St. Metairie, Louisiana 70001 USA.), because his PayPal account has been hacked a while ago. The photo I was asking for actually was from a Hot Rod Network article about Dave York's 1932 Roadster. I asked Chris Berne if he purchased the Roadster from Dave and he confirmed. Fortunately I asked HAMBer Dirty Dug if his friend Dave has sold his car, which is not the case. Thanks to the HAMB, lesson learned, money saved and scammer uncovered. Is there a scammer black list on the HAMB?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    CYCLONE_RACER, NOV 3, 2017!REPORT!
    SHARE POST#42LIKE+ QUOTEREPLY

Dirty Dug likes this.
  10. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

This guy replied to some parts I was looking for with internet pictures and a line of bull. Total SCAM.

11. Frames

Frames

12. Frames

Frames