Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chris Bartlett now in TX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Chris-Bartlett, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Hey guys, The trucks and the amazing art here on the HAMB have really inspired me. I love the photo threads, the how-to threads, and freaking love the Friday art threads. Thanks for posting.

I've been a lurker for a couple years and finally got a truck I wanted this weekend: a 1961 F100 shortbed unibody. It runs, stops and shifts great. The electrics all work and the glass is perfect. The interior's been redone, but the rest looks pretty original.

I'd like to lower it 4 inches, but I need to research the best way to do it. Not sure what I want to do with the wheels. I like wide whites, painted rims and lug caps. I hate to think of painting it. I love it the way it is, but I've got to repair a bit of body rust.

I'm 40, married, father of 4 and a graphic artist. I've owned several old cars, but this is my first truck. I had a '56 Ford Customline in high school, a '64 Dart GT in college and a '63 Corvair convertible when I got married. I ride a Royal Enfield everyday to work. The cars were always left original/stock and I never had the urge to go custom until I got the F100.

Anyway, thanks for a killer forum. Happy to finally join you. I'm open to suggestions on customizing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's my Enfield.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Welcome from Arkansas....

3. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

welcome. I got a buddy i asheville building one of these now. found a SLICK ford bolt on late model suspension that give modern ride geometry, comfort and safety (disc brakes) and lowers it a good bit--I'll check with him for years, but as I recall it's the removable front clip from a crown vic/grand marquis--bolted in with almost no modification.

4. big bad john

big bad john

Welcome to H.A.M.B. from Wisconsin.....Nice truck.....Big Bad John

5. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Welcome.................Heck I wish your truck was mine.......:D

6. dudley32

dudley32

Welcome from Fayetteville...d32

Brit Bikes n Hot Rods...I know the feeling :)

7. Fall 2013, I moved to Austin, TX with my 61 F100. It was my daily driver during the winter until a fellow HAMB member offered to buy it. I wanted a 57-60 so I sold it and kept the wheels. I found my dream truck - a 59 F100 and am fixing it up!

Mechanical First:
    The 292 V8 runs like a sewing machine - excellent, but the cab vibrates like the titanic rubbing an iceberg.
    - I rebuilt the carb
    - fixed an exhaust leak using FiberFix (That stuff is freaking amazing)
    - replacing the clutch today.
    - also replacing motor mounts & some seals today
    - convert to dual exhaust someday

Interior:
    It looked like the inside of a barn with some weird, crusty later model seats.
    and a center console. Gross.
    - I found an 80s Chevy bench seat and had it recovered. The upholsterer was a smoker and the whole seat has a smoke scent. Tried to Febreeze it which helped a bit, but it still smells to me. It's also not as tight as I was hoping. I'll sell it as soon as I find another bench seat.
    - black loop carpet arrived this week.
    - install black airplane seatbelts
    - blast the interior and repaint it eventually.
    - I'm restoring the busted instrument cluster as soon as I get a new one. This guy hacked it up and added gauges
    - restore or replace the cracked black steering wheel (a horn ring would be cool.)

Exterior:
    - I got a chrome '60 grill for it from Kingkirksgv23
    - Replaced the wheels from my 61. (G78 15's)
    - 50 Pontiac tail lights
    - chrome half-moon headlight covers
    - will probably keep it white for a while.

Suspension:
    - will add a drop axle in front and remove leaves at the rear

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  8. WELCOME, again, I think the seats from several years worth of Fords are a bolt-in.

I've got a gauge cluster and panel from a '59, PM if interested.

9. wicarnut

wicarnut

Welcome! from northern Wi. Enjoy your project. John

10. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

11. Welcome from CT!

12. Sweet looking truck.
    Welcome from California.