Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chopping a 50' Ford this weekend in Austin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evilfordcoupe™, Dec 31, 2003.

1. OutLaw

OutLaw

I'd like to thank everyone who made the trip out there. Everyone got their opinion and their hands dirty. Thanks to BIGDOG, SANDMAN, 62BUFORD, 53CHOPTOP, JASONIC, FATLUCKY and everyone else who stoped by.

I still think the eyeball is better than the tape measure.

2. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

3. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

A very very big thanks to those who showed up and stayed all day helping with the chop. It wouldnt have been quite the same without OUTLAW, FATLUCKY, SANDMAN, JASONIC, 53CHOPTOP and 62BUFORD. You guys truly are friends to work as hard as you did. My shop is always open on the weekends to you when its time to work on your cars.

Heres a few pics from Saturday.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

and a couple more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Jason

5. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Jason, Awesome job to you and the crew! I hate I couldn't be there to help out. That body looks pretty damn solid too.

6. OutLaw

OutLaw

So people does it look like we knew what we were doing?

Cause we didn't

7. Jasonic

Jasonic

Hey guys - I had a blast hanging out Saturday, if only work hadn't gotten in the way I would have made it out earlier. That day was exactly the reason I got into working on old cars. Hanging out with friends, making some new friends and just having a good time getting dirty.

8. OutLaw

OutLaw

There are more pictures than that Chump.

9. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Outlaw and I worked a couple more hours on it today.....

Trying to scrounge up a Ford 351 or 302(HINT)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Jason

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Question guys< when you put in your filler pieces are you lapping them or cutting them to fit?TP

11. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Dammit, that's lookin' good!!! Found you a 429 and a C-6 but it would have to be rebuilt but it's complete!! Or, maybe a cleveland, but you'd have to find a tranny. That's all I now of. TP-what's up?!!
    Cody

12. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

...we are cutting them to fit on most.....

Cody, That would be awesome for the car. Are you around tomorrow??

-Jason

13. OutLaw

OutLaw

Well TP we did both. On the most of the filler we trimmed pieces to fit but the top of the rear window we just laped it over.

14. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

jason-
    I'll pm you..
    Cody

15. BLAKE

BLAKE

Lookin' good guys.

16. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Did you change the rear window to the deck angle, or was I just wrong? It looks good the way it is in the picture.

17. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

My roommate has a 302 . I can't guarantee free but definently cheap.

18. 53choptop

53choptop

Jason,

The chop is looking great!!....I couldn’t get out there on Sat. had unexpected visitors, looks like I missed out on some fun.

I had forgotten how much fun chopping a top is, its good to have several ideas when it comes to a chop, when I did mine I had little input from others and made several mistakes, but that’s how I learned, its more of a “how not to chop a top”.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't to keen on how the lower rear corners on the rear windows were going to line up, or look, but man I have to tell you Outlaw saw it and went with it and looks awesome, the bodywork and welding seems to have been minimalized, as compared to the way I was think of doing it, but then again I have a tendency of over analyzing and making more work for myself. The flow is of that is right on the $$!!! I can’t believe I couldn’t see it.

Hey you gonna work on it this Sat.? If so I’d like to drop by to take some pics of my own.

Rey

Attached Files:

19. krupanut

krupanut

Looking good fellas, sorry I did'nt make it by. This music shit is keeping me mighty busy thease days.

Speaking of music I want to thank all of you guys for coming by our little gig on Friday night. Sorry I could'nt chat more, working and all.
    Hell, Blake I did'nt even know you were there [​IMG]
    It was great to see y'all, thanks again!

20. BLAKE

BLAKE

KRUPANUT - no biggie... you and the Horton Bros had more important things to do Fri night. I'll shake your hand twice next time. [​IMG]

21. OutLaw

OutLaw

Ray lets just say " I had a dream , a vision of sorts were the roof sat lower and all men were created equal "

22. Way to go guys, it's looking great! I cant wait to see it drag the Evilcoupe to the track. (Kodak moment) [​IMG]

Mark
    Barons
    So.Texas