Register now to get rid of these ads!

chopping a 47 plymouth coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by los punk rods dave, May 31, 2009.

1. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

Thank you for taking the time to help the rest of us. I too will be slamming and wedge chopn my 49 Desoto, so your posts will be very valuable. Many thanks in advance.

2. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

gotta say that chop looks great!

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

amazing job. can't wait to see it done.

4. chopperjeff

chopperjeff
    BANNED
    from minnesota

looks goods more pics

5. Please more photos !!!!!

6. taking camera back down to the shop tomorrow night , got chassis painted and reassembled , got brake lines to run and then putting body back on sunday , will start putting up pictures again

7. lowstrung

lowstrung

Please!! Updates?

8. n847

n847

Definitaly more pics are a must!

9. cheveey57

cheveey57

To me a good chop looks like it came from the factory that way. Yours is very natural looking. Nice job!

10. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Hey got anymore pics of your airbag set up???

11. ThunderRoad Garage

ThunderRoad Garage
    from missouri

saw this car in person yesterday, and i must say i was impressed. dave you need to show a top detail of how the plumbing is run and show the trick with the all-thread through the top to hold on the top brackets. I know it helped me out a ton to see it.

i got to talk to dave for a little bit and learned a lot for mine and my daughters project. super nice guy to boot. cant wait to see more.

12. finally more pics chassis sandblasted and repainted, new front suspension redone , body put back on frame

Attached Files:

13. having a hard time posting pics but here are some more, mocked up from fenderskirts with cardboard and trying to figure out my lake pipes

Attached Files:

14. Roofline looks great. Good luck.

15. detail of front suspension after reassembly , iam running stock flathead six and all original drivetrain keeping original front suspension bought a deluxe rebuild kit from kanter and just cut out coils and installed firestone 2200 airbags in there place welded bottom mount to top of a arms and made a cup out of 5 inch pipe welded on top of top plate mount to make up the difference for the spring pocket , welded a 1/2 nut on top of plate and drilled a hole through top of frame and threaded 1/2 allthread into welded nut and used a lockwasher and nut on top to keep top mount from shifting up and down ( just a safety precaution, old spring pocket on top has a lip that 5 inch pipes goes over from the coil springs , shouldnt shift buti will feel better through out all travel you can slide your pinky finger all around the bag and frame hole
    cant figure out why i cant resize photos to work on here keeps failing pic upload , will have my 15 year old help me tomorrow

16. I did this one several years back but I don't have many pics of the process.....

[​IMG]

17. Lono

Lono

still watching for updates.... love this build.

18. Looks great Dave! Like always!

Klaus

19. bobjob55

bobjob55

yes ..... try www.p15-d24.com it is a website for old doges and Plymouth ....

on your old 47 coup ,,,, looks great ...Ive got a 48 dodge 4 door with a 3 1/2 " chop that Ive been stalled on for a while now ...short on cash ... I think that you might get me motivated ...... keep up the killer work .....

Attached Files:

20. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

Subscribed! Awesome build. My wife and I are doing a '47 Dodge 5W coupe. Wasn't gonna chop it but after seeing your posts we changed our minds. Love the looks of yours. Can't wait to see more updates. Keep up the great work.

21. farmer12

farmer12

Great build, the roofline looks good! Nice chop. Keep up the good work!

22. PlyPals

PlyPals

awesome P15!! I love the roof line!
    Can't wait to see the rest of this build
    *almost wishing I have the guts to do something radical with my car*

23. billys54

billys54

24. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Your chop looks perfect, the top flows real nice now.

25. JAWS

JAWS

Exactly. Nice work!

26. finally got time to work on my car again , vowed to myself to have this car done this time next year, complete ! welded up a new trunk floor, patched all the rot in the floorboards, started welding up the unused holes in the firewall, and started welding in my molded in lake pipes, then will be extending the rear of the rear fenders and build flush mount skirts also dropping bumper down to keep the entire lower profile of the car to be the same height off the ground , which will be 1 1/2 inches when bagged out

Attached Files:

27. fire wall pics and floor board pics

Attached Files:

28. start of lakepipes

Attached Files:

29. Rocks Rod & Custom

Rocks Rod & Custom
    from Raytown MO

30. pics of car with air bags totally dropped in front and one with front aired totally up

Attached Files: