Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chopped the '32 sedan...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ken Carvalho, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

and the last that I have...
    That last pic of the frame is what the car was on when I bought it. ROUGH to say the least!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Here are what the frame looked like when I started. From 6" infront of the firewall and back is a true '32 with numbers frame, so I cut out what ever the pieced and shit hacked together crossmember was out of there, grafted on American Stampings front frame rails and made a large and strong "K" member crossmember. It was REALLY, REALLY rough and unsafe!!! It at one time had a blown SBC in it, thats why about 3"X7" of the center of the cowl is cut out, and it "supposedly" did some legitimate racing "back in the day" but I am striving for a classic/traditional and safe HOT ROD!
    Thanks all, Ken

Attached Files:

3. Lookin good!! Flathead run is a couple months away!!!

4. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I'm trying Chris, I'm trying!!! Would like to drive it to your wedding too!!!

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

All good choices! Good luck with the project.

6. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

worked on cleaning the shop today! Got tired of tripping over cords, metal, and tools!!! My little girl felt it was important to park her "bike" next to my "bike" !!!! Loved watching her do it!

Attached Files:

7. pumpman

pumpman

I was wondering what was going on with the cowl top in your first pics. I understand now with the engine set back. You're doing her proud, keep it going!

8. My own personal opinion, you can do nothing to improve on a Henry Ford 2-door Sedan. I'll take a stock one over a chopped one any day.

9. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Welp, thats YOUR opinion, I think I improved MY sedan immensely by SUBTRACTING 6 inches off the top, and 3 inches off the bottom!!!!!

10. bamaheel

bamaheel

Can you post up a side shot showing the channel with the body on the frame and attached to the firewall?

11. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I'll try to get a good clear close up for you in the next couple of days and post it.

12. Looks a lot better. Good call

13. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

14. wayfarer

wayfarer

I don't know how I missed this. Looking good Ken!

15. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Thanks Jeff, slowly but surely she's coming along.

16. For sure it's going to be one wild ride. I've done quite a bit of this stuff before. Of course, the grill will have to be shortened, front fenders should work out okay. Rear fenders may need a small section taken out. What do you think? 32's are for sure high dollar!! Neat lookin' and easy to wash the top! HEE HEE

17. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

NO FENDERS!!! Front or rear, '34 truck grille (cause I like it) and you mention high dollar??? Well maybe, but i'm actually not concerned with the dollar value, only looking to build a nice Hot Rod that the family and I can enjoy!!!

18. Rem

Rem

Great shot in the garage - I'm partial to Tudors and Shovelheads too.

19. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Yeah, my Shovel is a little jealous I'm spending more time on the sedan than her!!

20. flatoz

flatoz

I like them chopped, I like them unchopped, no reason you can't have 2 off everything! Make that 3 I think i would love a garage full of a chopped and unchopped hot rodded 32 and a restored version to, just to look at...

I like the way its coming out, you must be really happy with it.

21. bamaheel

bamaheel

22. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Ditto.

23. Looks good! Can't wait to see it tearin up the streets!

24. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  25. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

Love the chop. Build it the way you want. I when a little more conservative with my chop 3 1/4".

Attached Files:

26. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Looks good like that.

27. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Love what you're doing. As soon as I get my deuce roadster finished (early summer) I'm going to start my 3rd chopped highboy deuce sedan using the cherry body I bought from Corndog a couple of months ago. Think I'll cut this one 3 1/2 inchs??? Keep the fire burning.