Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs CHOPPED MY 52 OLDSMOBILE *UPDATED w/ pix*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocket8, Dec 22, 2009.

1. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

this is my 52 olds ive been working on since i was 18. i am now 23, and still have a way to go with the car, but i figure at 23 years old and this being my first chop ive ever done, its coming a long pretty nice. i took 3 inches out of the front, and instead of using the stock rear backlite, i used a rear window out of a 50 chevy sedan. i fabficated some new sail panels and over all, im pretty happy with it so far. i'll post some more pictures soon.

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

cut cut cut
    [​IMG]

stock backlite opening
    [​IMG]

cut it out
    [​IMG]

this is the window out of the sedan. the sail panels ended up not working out, so i made new ones later, and i turned the window upside down
    [​IMG]

i remember thinking "the roof isnt THAT tall" hahaha
    [​IMG]

it was around this time the shock wore off
    [​IMG]

and everyone thought i had gone mad
    [​IMG]

intital cuts and postitioning it around to look right
    [​IMG]

then i was getting excited more and more
    [​IMG]

i like my car
    [​IMG]

the pillars had to be cut out and leaned it a small bit, but it got done without too much of a fight
    [​IMG]

here is a shot of the backlite held up to the car, and it was at this point i decided i was going to make new sail panels and turn the opening upside down. what i diddnt like about the glass was that the top was small of the bottom was large, so flipping it upside down ended up making the chop look a lot more sleek in the rear. not to mention the sail panels as well. [​IMG]

here is a view from the rear before the sail panels and the flipping of the glass
    [​IMG]

thats all for now, i got more pictures comming so stay tuned

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Nice! looking good

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yowsers!!! That looks great! I love the grille on an Olds, they look custom from the factory.

4. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

thanks! next its on to all the fun shit like the garnish moldings inside, and gearing up for glass! :D

5. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

yea, me too! the upper surround is real nice. if you noticed the center bar is actually out of a 54 olds, i diddnt like the stock center bar. so eventually my turn signals will be in the center bar. and i think i may end up running a 56 olds bumper. but who knows!:D

6. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

here is a view from the side
    [​IMG]

7. Brickster

Brickster

you're a tech'r huh?

8. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

That looks really good.

9. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

ROCKET...looks wonderful young man, and i love those old oldsmobils. see my fello h.a.m.b. brothers it's refreshing to see something different YES? can't wait to see her finished rocket. good luck with your build...POP.

10. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

cool! I had a 53 olds once.

11. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

wow theres a term i havent heard in a while....................john

12. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

yea, im a tech'r minus the tech'r attitude and the "i want to go to school to be a custom car builder" thing. i worked hard for 5 years to pay my own way into school, and i went. its been fun and ive learned alot. (mostly righting all the things ive learned wrong over the years). its been worth it and hey, i had 3 full weeks of doing nothing but working on MY car for 9 hours straight a day with every tool imaginable at my fingertips!:D that alone was worth it!

13. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

hey thanks! its been a long time in planning and in the works. so it was nice to finally get down to it. i have plenty of pictures to post, just gotta get em onto the computer and onto here

14. chop32

chop32

Damn, a Rock Star and a Custom Car Builder, all without the shitty attitude!
    The car is looking great...very impressive!

15. Brickster

Brickster

Did you get the door tops and garnish done?

16. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

looks rad Max... Now you just need to get rid of the extra doors :D... just messin..

17. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

where the hell did you come from!? heh heh heh...i was going to turn it into a 2 door...unfortunatly doors off of a 2 door oldsmobile arent the easiest to find...anyways...how the hell have you been, you're so far away, we all miss you back here!

18. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

yea, the car is home at the club house now, and i finished up the door tops for the front doors, and im really happy with how they tunred out. im working on the rear doors as we speak, but im still kicking around some ideas for the rear, so we'll see. havent touched the garnish mouldings...and im dreading it!

19. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

i balance myself out with plenty of churros. thanks for the kind words amigo, means a lot coming from you!:D (and im being serious hahaha)

20. Max....wyotech? :rolleyes: since when? Do you where a blue shirt.., a red shirt...., or a yellow shirt....:eek: :D ?

21. MengesTwinCustoms

MengesTwinCustoms

can you post a picture of the back window and more of the side, looks pretty good, interested in seeing how you did the back window.

22. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

i'll try and get the pix off my camera tomorrow and post a bunch up. the original backlite was huge, so when i cut it out i had a lot of room to work with, and a lot of room to fill. ive got pictures, i'll post em up asap for everyone.

23. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

CHIEF!!!!! WHATS UP?! yea, im just about in my last month of it now. i figured id be a cool guy like you and go to tech.:p and i wear a black shop jacket;) hahahaha. keep in touch man!

24. RAY With

RAY With

Rocket the car is looking good. Keep going in the same direction and your ride will be in the top field of Olds. Please keep us up dated on your progress and also post a few more close up shots of sides and rear glass area.

25. lookin good man!

26. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

The chop looks awesome on the car, nice job!!...now get some more pics up here for us! :D

27. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

the car looks great,,,glad to see to didn't "overchop" it,,
    how much did you take out?

28. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Please keep posting pictures. Looks great

29. 63Compact

63Compact

Real nice side profile looks good.

30. jason65