Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chopped Model A sedan thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

A friend recently joined the HAMB and he is trying to get more educated on Model A's as he is thinking about buying one. He likes chops but not sure how much much removed he likes (and how to do the rear window (take just as much out of the rear window as the chop or slightly less. How about posting up some pictures of chopped A sedans but list how much removed and if you have pic of the rear window let him know if equal amount was removed. I will start with a few pictures just to get peoples attention. (hoping that FlamedAbone will see this and give me his info on his sedan.. Jeff it is still one of my all time favorites down and dirty hotrods As....
    ) AA 003.jpg AA 001.jpg

loudbang and Jim Bouchard like this.
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I chopped that car 25 years ago. I have no idea how much I chopped it. 4" maybe? I dunno, I was pretty likkered up at the time.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

loudbang, -Brent- and Big mike 1968 like this.
  3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car is still kind of a pile...

[​IMG]

-Abone.

4. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Work in progress...

Exactly 3" cut out. Took it evenly all the way around including 3" out of center of rear window...

I choose 3" for several reasons, 1- I like the proportions in relationship to the quarter panel height. 2- I wanted to keep a rear seat and with the body down over the frame now I needed "some" headroom in the back. 3- I like the dimensions and looks of the rear window and last I can still see out all windows safely..

Attached Files:

loudbang and Boones like this.

5. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

4-1/4" chop all around 0.jpg

6. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

7. brEad, earlymopar, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My old Sedan Delivery started out as a '31 Model A Slantwindow 4 door. Chopped 3" in front, 3-1/2" in the rear
    32a.jpg 32c.jpg