Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chopped Merc in new Doritos Commercial

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arbs1976, Aug 26, 2013.

1. They are all different. I have seen some I like,but not usually on Customs. California Kid,McMullen Roadster,Philly the Greek's Roadster,etc,are great! I purposely painted mine all one color so it wouldn't look like most flame jobs. BTW-never cared for Ghost flames. I feel,if you are gonna flame it...FLAME IT! Don't hide it.

2. WWinIL

WWinIL

Congrats ! One step closer to becoming "Hollywood Bob" !!! HA HA

Brings back a fond memory of my youth, Cheap beer and Ranch Flavored Dorito's breath...

3. We saw it while watching Bar Rescue also...

4. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Good for you Bad Bob, I'm sure we're all glad you're not Hasselhoff......

5. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I hope the reimbursement for letting them use your badass Merc was more than a trunkful of doritos locos tacos when you got it back.

6. I didn't give it to them. I was there... I got paid,one time only fee. Not really a Taco Bell fan. Haven't eaten there since the Bell Beefer was dropped...

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Bob, I don't know if I have that one..... Going to have to add it to the collection.

8. Thanks guys...

9. I just saw that commercial this morning, nice ride!!. Your not missing anything good over at Taco Bell. That new flavor tastes like your eating a bag of salt.

10. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Bob, its about time that "flames" done right on a Merc like yours, get their fair shake. Very much Congrats and it was great to meet you at the Roadster show earlier this year.
    Dammit, now oyu got me thinking that I should flame the hell out of my Merc too, its not too late........

11. Muttley

Muttley

Saw it last night while watching my A's lay the smack down on the Tigers..........didnt even register that it was Bob's because of the color of the flames. I knew as soon as I saw it there would be a thread about it here. BTW Taco Bell is horrible. ;) :D

12. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I just had their new "diarrito supreame" and it was great! hang on...I've got to run now..

13. farmer12

farmer12

Congrats on the coverage Bob, very nice. And don't you dare paint the front yellow now! I like it just the way it is.

14. Killer looking set of flames no matter the color!

15. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Bad Bob that is so cool. Just think ( millions ) of people will see your car.Vary few custom guys can say that. I like the flames red also but hay it's TV ,they cant leave anything alone.

16. I just think it's cool to have my friends recognize it. I keep expecting to hear someone yell at me when i'm driving "HEY,Taco Bell car!"
    Guess that's better than,"There's the car from the Depends ad!" hahaha

17. It's on youtube now,but I don't know how to load it.
    "What Now?-Taco Bell Fiery Doritos Locos Taco Commercial"

18. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

19. I watched it. That's not Bob's car. The one in the commercial is way nicer. :D

20. <iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hmxZaeOE4C4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

21. Hell....the diecast is nicer than my Merc! haha

22. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I don't eat fast food but thats kool that they featured a kustom and not some riced out shitbox with flames on it like I would have expected from a greedy corrupt corporate mess like Doritos/Taco Smell.

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

will you now be cruising with a Chihuahua on your lap?

24. I will say that the yellow photoshop is very ironic given how picky Bob is about stuff being traditional. :)

25. bgaro

bgaro

you gotta get the doritos dudes to do a commercial with yours and that el camino monster truck that blasts through the china shop.

26. HAHA I have one of those talking Chihuahua's!

27. Wasn't my decision...I thought it looked all red. Maybe it matches their Doritos logo better.

28. That 4x4 El Camino going through the china shop is AWESOME!!!

29. That's great your car has been in what, a movie, a magazine ad, and now a commercial!

I've had folks ask about my car but I need that dang grille and then we'll see. :)