Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chopped 34 5 window body value ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38zephyr, Oct 23, 2007.

1. 38zephyr

38zephyr

A friend has a really nicely chopped 34 5 window body , no rust , all complete , even has real nice paint on it . Just the body no chassis , with nice glass , chopped garnish moldings What is it worth ? Closest to say $10,000 , $15,000 , or $20,000 , maybe more ??

2. brewsir

brewsir

wish I wasn't so damn broke...sounds like my dream car....I'd think 20+ the way good cars are nowadays...hell you can wrap up 20 in body and paint.

3. Richard Head

Richard Head

I'd say around 15, if the paint is good to go. 20 is getting into 3 window territory. A friend bought a chopped 34 5 window body two years ago for 3,500. No garnish moldings and needed a floor, subrails and all of the lower panels patched. I thought he paid too much for it, but it had sentimental value because it was his first car from 1958.

Dave

4. You'd get about 15k all day, everyday.

I've been hunting for a 3 window, and all I've found thus far is rough(ish) 5 windows that were in the 10-12k mark, so if the 5 window body was good, I'd expect 15k, possibly more depending on if he was greedy and willing to wait for the right buyer.

Trust this helps......does he have a 3 window 'spare' as well?;) :D

Cheers,

Drewfus:D

5. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I paid over £4000 for this body don,t laugh they are not easy to find over here.

Attached Files:

6. What's that work out to in American dollars? I used to figure about twice, but $8000 seems cheap for that.

Value's going to be subjective, I think $15,000 is reasonable to expect, but if a rough one is actually selling for $10K-$12K, I have to think that having all the moldings, glass, paint, floor, and no need for being patched up - may worth more than $3000-$5000. Unless it's painted some 1980s pastel pink crap color no one would like.

If you're selling it though you might be better off to see if you can hit a rod shop for an older chassis take off for a car being updated, throw it on there, and sell it as a more complete car. The cost and work aught to pay for itself and then some.

I'm going to add that when I was looking to check out repro panels, I could find quarters on ebay - like $3500 a pair, believe it or not. They didn't seem to be selling, though.

7. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

You,re rirht it,s about $8000 .It came with 3 front wings one of which is like new ,2 rear wings both real rough and 2 extra dors in A+ condition.I now have most of the parts to get started on it.

8. hemi35

hemi35
    from Australia

20K seems alot BUT if its a cherry body & exactly what I was looking for id pay it, remember whats expensive today is cheap tomorrow & quality cars arent on every street corner!
    By the way 38zephyr thats a neat biograghy....Hemi35

9. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

I think $15K for a 5w body is a little high, saw a NICE lookin ,running ,painted,driving stocker only got to $24K on ebay last week. I paid $3K for my needing much work body/chassis ,saw another needing floor and lower patches roller (no hood no grill) go for $7K. There is a NICE 3w on E now up to $20K.
    I would say $10K + or - a little would be more like it.

10. screwball

screwball

I have a real good 34 5 window chev with the fenders hood and grill for the price of come and get it. I love the ford but I should have less it the chev done with extra gas money than what people are paying for a ford.

11. Kennedy has a nice '34 Ford 5wd for sale, with a small truck load of parts that go with it, for somewhere around $17K.

JH

12. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

Good Lord!

All those "K"s are putting the KO on my ambitions.

Most of the 30's Hudson coupe project bodies I've been looking at, are the same range - out of my reach.

Hud

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

be nice to see some pics, but based on your description, if someone got that body for 10k it would be a bargain.

14. plan9

plan9

i was watching the one you had baught... its probably better than the one i baught, cant tell, you are missing over a 1/4 of the cars sheetmetal but it had a lot of nice bits and pieces.. i gotta say, (and i believe you'd agree), i wouldnt do things any different even if i had 15-20k to spend on a body..

my 5 window is a real pile, but it was $2500.00 plus the $500.00 to get it out here to socal. id agree with some of the sentiments previously stated... it'd seem like 15k and up for a good 33/34 5 win. body is fair market value. if its your budy give him what you'd want to pay, saving a buck with a friend isnt usually a good thing. ;)