Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chop or Not...My New Model A Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xadamx, Aug 26, 2010.

?
  1. Leave it alone?

430 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. Chop it?

80 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Bob the rear fenders?

47 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Chop it AND bob the rear fenders?

67 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. dixiestillalive

dixiestillalive
    from Georgia

Leave it alone. If you don't like, it sell to somebody who is getting up there in seasons and can't crawl in and out of chopped sleds with ease. Besides, your diversity it what makes your rod HOT.

2. 21tat

21tat

Very nice car as is!

3. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

great looking ride...don't chop it!:D

4. davey

davey

They dont get any sweeter !!!!!

5. THAT, my friend, is one of the nicest looking A's I have EVER seen...I would spend more time in it driving it the way it is instead of spending time creating MORE WORK and possibly undoing one of the parts of this particular car that make it so damned nice. Not usually a big fan of uncut cars, but this one, in my opinion, is a LARGE exception. She's a Beaut!

6. Have you got a PPG paint number for that Dark Neutral color? If not I can probably come up with it at our local jobber. Thanks:)

7. Odenzon

Odenzon

If that A would be mine i would definitely chop AND bob it, it would look like a Hot Rod then (more than now), well thats just my opinion. Do what you wanna do with it, and DRIVE it. Nice car anyway :D

8. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Just for the record, I love the look of the photochopped coupe, but I wouldn't touch the top on that car until the next time it is worn out and disassembled. Judging by the apparent quality of the build, that could be a long time.

9. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

there's a kind of sameness with alot of model a's right now. everybody's chopping them. and with a 4'' or more chop, they look to door heavy. i have a 31 coupe that will not be getting chopped. if you chop your's, will you hang your left arm out when you drive too? just like in the old days.

10. lazee

lazee

if choping it was the only issue, how is the glass, door fit, rubber seals and of course the paint and interior, if everything is fine, leave it the way it is

11. chopitdano

chopitdano

The car looks good the way it sits.

12. ratfink you left this out on your post. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't particularly care for the long fenders myself but that bitch sets perfect. You can make it happen with the long ones on that one. I would leave it until it needs a repaint and then make a decision about changes before the new paint goes on.

13. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I think it looks killer the way it is. Something you don't see very often anymore and I think it's just right. Classy ride.

14. N2hotrods

N2hotrods

That is a beautiful car. I would leave it alone and enjoy driving it. Not all model A need to be chopped. your car has a very traditional look.

15. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Yes unchop is a word, but several body men I spoke to on this subject said its a very difficult and expensive word. Why mess with it?
    In a line of chopped model A s this one will stand out. I'm not much on fenders but even I would leave it as it is. Don't be affraid someone might think it's restored. People who know rods will know it's not restored, and people who don't know rods, wouldn't know it was modified if it was a foot shorter. That one is a home run, don't make it a foul ball.

16. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

I like a choped coupe,but if it was mine I would leave it alone for now, because it looks great!

17. erlomd

erlomd

it is modified already...but i hear ya, if this baby is your all time dream machine, and in that dream is a chopped and bobbed hot rod, then gosh darn it, forget what everyone has to say and chop the living snot out of it....if you dont mind the way it is, and is just a thought, then your veering yourself in a very unforgiving path....I think it should be chopped but then again I think the fenders should go all together, but thats just my opinion.
    I love it the way it is, but if it were mine i would chop it...
    you do what you have to...but its a beautiful coupe as is this very moment

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. DD

DD
    from illinois

Looks great the way it is. i would not touch it, just drive it and enjoy

19. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

did this car come porterville ca? one there same color, engine, but had chrome reverse wheels. i've got photos at fomosa hot rod reunion of it. super nice coupe. it might be interesting to ask in your pole the ages of "for" or "against" the chop. seems like 35 and younger like them chopped and fenderless.

20. edseldude

edseldude
    from bedford va

Hell No! Don't chop or channel that car! There's enough people screwing up nice model A's today. The only thing I would add is put the hood on it. That car is beautiful! Take the money you would have in the chop and channel and strap a blower to the Flattie! But thats my $.02.

21. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

22. what he said...

23. This car deserves to stay the way it is right now. It has a personality already and if chopped or the fenders bobbed etc... it will be just another same old Model A coupe. This car is a standout right now, if you don;t like it there's many opportunities to sell it to someone who would leave it and buy yourself a chopped car.

24. no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

25. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

As said before, it's your ride, do what YOU want, but I must say the car is a thing of beauty as it sits now.
    I love chopped A's and fenders, but I would be drawn to the car in a sea of A's and that might be because it's a hotrod that's NOT chopped.
    Maybe a hood w/o sides, that way you can change it up from time to time w/o major mods.

26. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Not enough complete cars like that around , no way would I chop it up .

27. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Killer coupe but a chop would really give it attitude.......

28. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Man, I'm all for a chopped coupe, but that thing is just too nice to cut up, just my $0.02

29. KICKSY

KICKSY

Leave it alone Adam, it look's beautiful as it is.

Dave :)

30. My thoughts exactly....Make it different like everybody elses......YAWN........