Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chop or Not...My New Model A Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xadamx, Aug 26, 2010.

?
  1. Leave it alone?

430 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. Chop it?

80 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Bob the rear fenders?

47 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Chop it AND bob the rear fenders?

67 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. brady1929

brady1929

that car is too purdy to chop

2. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

I thought this was a hotrod forum, not a classic restoration site. Come on guys he started this thread cause he obviously had the idea, and hes getting bashed. There is a lot more original model a's than chopped ones. I vote do whats in your soul, dont be jaded!

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

D ROD,

Gee, you mean, he didn't start the thread to see what we thought??

DON'T CHOP IT!

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cars badd ass the way it is ,the chopped ones start looking like ALL the rest

5. Ebert

Ebert

No chop for now (love the blackwalls), and maybe bob the rear fenders 2"..maybe someone can photoshop it for you (us)....Love the car, but feel that the rear fenders look too long....BUT this is a BITCHIN ride as it is!!! Great job!

6. xadamx

xadamx

I definitely don't feel like I'm getting bashed on here, I think everyone has been great with their opinions. That's why I started this post...I was really curious to see what the general consensus would be and to get others' perspectives. My gut was telling me to chop it, but I think it is also telling me to keep it as is...haha! I think there are instances in hot-rodding where some restraint can be good, and work well. Thanks for all the input so far.

7. I just said something like this the other day but it was different circumstances. The guy had an old barn find that looked like it had seen it's best years 80 years ago. Rode hard and put up wet. People were saying,"Restore it!" WTF? Restore it? Seriously? He could have put $20k into it restoring it and it would have been worth $10k! That's an excellent investment.:rolleyes:

This one is done and it's beautiful. Why mess with a good thing? I say he should at least drive it as-is until it needs a paint job or something serious years down the road and THEN maybe go ahead and chop it.

8. Tank

Tank

I wouldnt change a thing! That coupe is beautiful!

9. In my opinion that has got to be one of the coolest Model A's I have seen in a long time,,to even think about chopping it brings to mind one word,,Idiot!:D

I'm not a Model A kinda guy but I wouldn't mind that sweet like ride sharing garage space with my Deuces.
    HRP

10. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

I went through the same thought process almost 13 years ago with my Deuce... Too make a long story short, I didn't chop it and I put W/W's on American Racing rims. Man did I get alot of grief from my buddies. Still gald to this day I did not chop it...

Don't ever think a chopped car looks better than one not chopped. I have had them both and too much of a chop ruins the proportion of the vehicle..... But thats only my opinion, you have a great looking car now...... Right out of the 50's, I wouldn't change a thing with your Gow Job....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  11. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

That's one beautiful Model A!! Let it be what ti already is. There are plenty of project cars out there if you have the urge to cut one up.

12. 31' A Bone

31' A Bone
    from So Cal

Man, Thats the look I'm goin for. I think is perfect as is. I think the white walls in your other pics look more cruiser, I like this tire and rim choice better.

13. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I seen that one on craigslist. Very clean car.

14. xadamx

xadamx

Why don't we go ahead and trade then? You have too many deuces anyway, variety is the spice of life:)

15. ABBoston

ABBoston
    from Boston

Perfect as is! - Put a Hood on It.... do not cut it up!

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

oh man, too bad the first few responses hadn't been to chop it, then everyone else would have posted what they really thought. if anyone can seriously argue against the photoshopped version of this car......come on.

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

18. Chopped or not the rear fenders look terrible. Just drive it. Do some skids.

19. xadamx

xadamx

hahaha!

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

all jokes aside, nice car man. you'll enjoy it either way.

(chop it)

21. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Ha! Nice! See people, are these proportions ruined?!? Gimme a break.

What, maybe a 4 inch chop? Next do a version with the rear fenders bobbed in the back as suggested before.

22. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I like it unchopped and chopped but would leave as it is, very pretty car.

23. That thing is gorgeous the way it is. Maybe a chrome or polished windshield frame, and mayyyybe a hood top. But chop or bobbed fenders? Nahhhh

24. Qdanj

Qdanj

Impressive as is but......aw.... I could never leave it alone. Something has to change carry the fun!

25. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Chop it, and sell the fenders. Make it into a hot rod, don't keep is as a restored Model A.

26. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Even back in the day, they weren't all chopped... AND it is already a hot rod. Nobody said restore it to stock.

27. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Man. that wheel and tire combo is perfect on it, I agree chrome the w/s frame and drive it.

28. Racrdad

Racrdad

Man if it was mine I wouldnt ever have time to do anything to it except DRIVE IT! I love chopped cars but this car just looks too good as it is!

29. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Beautiful car as is. You mentioned not as radical of a chop. Here's about 2 inches whacked out of it.

Attached Files:

30. bobjob55

bobjob55

DUDE ...... that thing is WAY too nice to start cutting -up ... set it aside ... IT'S DONE !!! start looking for ANOTHER ONE ... there are project cars all over the USA .. and a lot of guys are willing to make killer deals ..spend your time in building a different and new car ,, instead of tearing up the perfect car you have already built ...