Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chop or Channel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassman57, Jan 15, 2009.

1. gassman57

gassman57

The 'A' coupe in any form is fab..chopped, channeled or both...just wondered; from a builders standpoint...wich one is easier to do? Chop or Channel?

2. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

dont think one is easier, done both, what do you want out of this car?

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Ya, doing either one by it's self gives a completely different look. You know what you like, build it that way. Nothing is easy about slicing up a car, but well worth it. Hope you are good with welding/fabbing.

4. It all depends on the look you're going for - how much room you need inside the car, what type of seats you plan to use (from a comfort and fit perspective), etc.. Neither one is easy -- just typical fabrication, metal work and body work. I'm not a big fan of heavily channeled cars, but some on an 'A' coupe is nice. From a chop perspective - I don't think I could own an A coupe without 3 - 4 inches out of it! (minimum).

It is all in the eye of the beholder!

5. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I would think more chop than channel if you are going to do both.

6. gassman57

gassman57

Actually: as yet to aquire my 'A' Coupe....someday; hopefully sooner than later...personally I hope to find one with all the fenders attached...would beef the frame and add a 'flatty V8' to the mix.
    The question came about from the numerious threads on the subject; ....I'm just curious !!