Register now to get rid of these ads!

chop cut rebuild 41 study

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Working on it for 3 years now James D. I just recently got posting photos down and started this thread. I only have a few photos of the beginning of the build ,(sorry guys) I'm starting to photograph more of the build now as I come along.I never thought anyone would be interested in a studebaker other than myself,(What a supprise).I'll keep posting progress. Hear are some in paint progress thank ever so much to all the digets from everyone...:D:D:D

Attached Files:

2. Are the fenders staying black? I think it kind of suits it.

3. Yeah flat black and silver candy base coat ,I will be using red fender welting around the fenders and running boards between the two colors .Also red pinstriping on the black and black pinstriping on the silver .Maby a couple other colors to go along with that. Not much mind you just a little something hear and there. Glad you like it... :)

4. yes .D-Russ , and your in luck It's for sale. Kinda Hi End though. Everything on that truck is brand new rite down to the grease fittings. 400 and some miles on it now and the only bugs are a leak in the w/pump and oil leak at the dip stick. I hope to have it fixed before the breakfast saturday

Attached Files:

5. buy ,sell, trade .what ya got

6. Last weeks work. I have installed the fenders for the last time ,yeaaah.also some other pic's. I will be adding red pinstriping to match the fender welting once i finish putin it together. Not to much just a little something hear and there .Whadau think :eek:???? :cool:

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      120.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      101.6 KB
      Views:
    • 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      118.9 KB
      Views:
  7. D-Russ, post some pic's of your vicky

8. OOH YEAAH, I like it. Post war era cars have been my favorite since my early teens. I finaly built one 4 year ago, a 33 3w coupe fiberglass car (Hankster body)

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      523.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      429.5 KB
      Views:
  9. Yeah drive the snot out of it.... only gone up your way once to 301 car show just off 295 at the shopping center. mostly go to Hamton Roads Harley Davidson parking lot in Yorktown or Hardees down on jefferson ave in Newport News drove it down to Rocky mount NC, last fall to a family reunion .. You should have seen my old aunts and uncles looking at that thing.. Long hauls are not to comefortable (cramped up)but lots of fun otherwise. trips over 300 miles I dread.. otherwise I love it.... it to is for sale

10. I'm so pumped!!! the stude is up on air for the first time.... man I wana ride this thang. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  11. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Thats as hard as nails John. Love it. Any chance of posting some video when you take it out?

12. never tried vidio , I'll check it out :D:D great idea

13. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Nice Hankster John!!

Scott

14. That is one sick truck!!!

15. Thanks Rob, Like you sead in your PM... its working on them that most gratifying and then theres driving the wheels offum. oooh yeeah.....

16. Third DodgeBrother

Third DodgeBrother

Great build John. Could you post a little more detail on adapting the Willwood hubs to the S10?

17. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Sorry,I just seen this,but yes that would be me...

18. hears are some IMG_3318.JPG IMG_3278.JPG IMG_3279.JPG IMG_3280.JPG later photo from earlier this year

D-Russ likes this.