Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Chicken Fat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by riceman, Jul 22, 2009.

1. riceman

riceman

Here are a few picture's of Paul Sutherland's "Chicken Fat" A/MC 1962 Smokers race at Bakersfield aka March Meet. Paul said he called the coupe that , because it was ugly like Chicken Fat. Color pictures by Steve Gibbs.

Attached Files:

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Not ugly - very cool!

3. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for the pictures..the coupe showed up at Bakersfield a year earlier in primer, and louvered wheel skirts over the slicks...It was the most evil looking car there.

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I remember that. I was at that meet in 1962.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Thanks for the ID. I've had those photos in my comp coupe collection for awhile, now I can add the proper names.

6. riceman

riceman

Jerry Card also race a similar twin looking silver comp coupe like Paul Sutherland, The sad ending of Chicken Fat was that Paul sold it, the new owner crashed it two weeks later and Paul was never paid for it.

Attached Files:

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Awesome coupe....to bad it was destroyed....is there going to be a remake?

8. Just another little tidbit. The body is a type "C" which Fiat built from 1949 to 1955. The difference on this car is most notable in the rear where the trunk are is totally different than the 1936-1948 Topolinos. The flat area where the parachute was mounted was originally a door for the spare tire storage.