Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Chickasha Swap Meet!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by publicenemy1925, Oct 15, 2008.

1. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

This weekend! Who is going and what did you buy! I'm rolling friday so be there or be square!:D

2. I can't make Chickasha, but I am thinking of taking some stuff to the "1st Annual Swap Meet" at the Sallisaw Oklahoma Fairgrounds, November 1st, 2008. www.roadhazzardscarclub.net

3. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

FENUT and I will be there Friday.

Tom T.

4. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

Is there anyone going from around the PA, OH, area or similarly close?
    I'm looking for a 1926-27 (maybe '28?) Essex frame or at least the frame rails. In real nice condition, no mangled pieces. Was wondering if there was anyone going that would be willing to keep an eye open for that and could truck it back so I could pick it up off of them?

I have a possible line on an old sprint car frame made up of a Model T and Essex frame, but I'm still waiting to hear back from the fellow about it, if its available so I thought I'd post this in the meantime?

Let me know if there's anyone who'd be willing and is heading there. Contact me.
    Thanks!!

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Hudon Essex frames were very very popular in the early race car sport. Common, strong, easily adaptable to any early body or fabricated body.

The first AMBR trophy winner, the Niekamp Model A roadster, sat on an Essex frame priginally. During the restoration the back section of a Willys frame was used as they couldn't readily find an Essex frame at the time.

6. Friday for me................If it's not raining like it is now!

7. dadsmad

dadsmad

i plan on being there friday & saturday. hopefully find some cool stuff for a couple of my projects

8. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I just sold a hood and have extra cash. It's been 2 years since i made the fall.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

I may show up today late and maybe tomorrow.

10. lukescoupe

lukescoupe
    from oklahoma

Just got back only seen one good buy a 33-34 ford sedan 2dr body in good shape for $800. I would have bought it but it sold 5 minutes before I walked up. I picked up a 32 ford windshield frame in good shape for $45 and a 33 windshield frame that nice for $40. Those are about the only good deals that I seen, it seemed like most people were to high and would not jew maybe just beacause it was just the first day.

11. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

I'll be there Friday selling Model A parts and Cadillac stuff. All HAMBERS come by and introduce yourself. I will be in close proximity to the 4 door chopped Merc that I have listed under the classifieds section. A friend from this area will also be there with a lot of 49 to 51 Mercury parts.

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I'm always 5 minutes to late! Sounds like one hellva deal!

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

I wanted to go this year . Oh well .

14. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Next year for me, I am out of ready cash right now.

15. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I was hoping to make Chickasha this time but Im having some concrete approaches poured for my new shop today and the building is supposed to be here this am also. Needless to say I'm way down on funds because of it. I'll be at the DFW swap meet next weekend at Fort Worth though.

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

Not too bad. I may go back again today. My buddy bought a cherry 35 Ford p/u cab. ONe of the nicest ones I have ever seen. He paid a nice price though. They finally added some gravel and it didn't rain too much there. Should be a bang up day today.

17. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I hate it when it is a swamp! Glad to see that they put down some more gravel. Where did you park at?

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

I had to pay the 4 bucks. It's where the swap meet used to be.

19. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I paid the 4 bucks and parked on the fairgrounds. Work out great, got there early and parked close to the front. Didn't buy anything for my ride, but did buy some stuff for the den. Hellva lotta stuff out there. Money well spent this year.

20. I just got back................best one in quite awhile. I like the new layout better than the fairgrounds. My buddy bought a nice model A cowl for cheap.

21. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I like the layout much better. I looked at it all then went back to make my deals and found them very easily with the new layout.

22. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Just got back.Was pretty good!
    Thanks TOAST! see you sometime next week

Saw on the news last night that a guy and his son were killed in the fairgrounds in their trailer by carbon dioxide smoke.
    He was 60 and the son was in his 30's
    Don't know who they were.
    FRANK

23. I heard that rumble going around the grounds this morning. Apparently, they climbed into the trailer, lit the kerosene heater and closed the door. Sad news.