Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chicago Street Racing and Jimmy Sohns ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straightaxle65, Apr 12, 2009.

1. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

A couple years ago I found some disscusion on the Moparts website about Chicago street racing in the late 60s. It was stated that Jimmy Sohns who was the lead singer of the band, Shadows of Knight, street raced a 68 Dodge Dart GSS equipped with a clutchflite.
    I know Mr Norm and he has told me that he remembers Jimmy Sohns from back in the day and that he had bought a car or two from Grand Spaulding but he did not know the details.
    The guy on Moparts claimed he had pictures of this car sitting at a Chicago street race gathering but I was never able to see these pictures or get any more info!

Do any of you old Chicago guys have any info to add to this?

2. Jimmy was telling me about this a while back and he said he did 160 in the car.If anybody wants more details I can give him a call.

3. Saw Jimmy last week.Told me some good stories about the Darts.I am going to sit down with him & get all the details. he was tight with Norm & the Shadows played parties at his house. Norm hooked him up with some great cars.He did say one had that had a 440 & fenderwell headers,he lifted the wheels in front of a McDonalds in Arlington Heights & blew both front tires when it came down.:eek:

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      464.9 KB
      Views: