Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I'm in a parade on The 4 th, it's tradition to throw candy out to the kids. I got 10 pounds of Laffy Taffy. Should be a few cavities from me huh?

2. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Being in a 4th of July parade was a lot of fun. If you ever get a chance to do it go for it. Tossing candy to the kids is a great thing for the soul. You find the little ones that stand back a bit from the bigger kids and toss it to them.
    I have an air horn on the truck so I would give a long toot get their attentions and toss candy to the kids.
    Next year we do 20 pounds, 10 was not enough.

3. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I'm sorry I haven't been on here. I really need to get my car going and Francisco Plombero has been helping out... a lot!!!! We just hit a few snags with the carb, and pedal linkage and the drive shaft and the distributor is back yet. Ughhhh!

4. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'll be at Braconi's in Naperville tonight for the weekly cruise. Featured cars tonight are Buick, Olds, and Pontiacs, but all are welcome to come and hang out.

5. chronisterracing

chronisterracing
    from N.Il.

how about Martyrs tomorrow night for rockabilly night?

6. michev

michev

Where is that?

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

Ooh, good to know! I live in Evergreen Park. I haven't seen the Tilted Kilt week night crusies, but the weekends look like a crazy mix of everything... and a $20 admission. No thanks.

"Rockabilly Night" is actually "The Big C Jamboree" bigCJam.com It's a monthly rockabilly jam session that has been going on for 20 years. Martyrs is on Lincoln between Irving and Addison.

8. michev

michev

I'm not paying $20 for some guy to make money off of me. I don't mind if it's a charity deal,thats different.

9. 54wingnut

54wingnut

I guess I'm a little late here but......who charges $20 for a cruise in?

I like the guerilla idea too.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

The Tilted Kilt SHOW is $20 from what I heard. $20 is reasonable IF there is something going on other than cars in a parking lot (Pileup, Symco, Rust Revival, etc), but the Tilted Kilt's show looks like just cars in a parking lot, and a mix of everything from 2011 on back.

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

The Lincolnwood one is free. 1985 and earlier, but hey we just turn out more earlies and group up. It's a nice park, Proesel, and it's part of the Lincolnwood fest. I'm sort of stoked on it.

12. There is also a car show at Retro on Roscoe, last year there were about 20 cars.

I got my car back and out on the road but I have to fix a fuel issue and a my brake lights oh and my hood latch but other than that I'd drive it anywhere.

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I took my coupe to the Chef Shangri-La 35th anniversary party last night in North Riverside.

14. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

grew up in Chicago, we use to go to Topp's Big Boy in Berwyn on Ogden Avenue
    not sure if the place still exists, those of you who remember Topp's were driving the cars that Hamb is all about

15. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

Where is there stuff going on?

16. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Tuesday nights, just a mile or so south of you,...at Glenwood Oaks. Freebie, and always about 100 cars. They also have some pretty good food for reasonable cost. You most likely know of this one, but just sayin'. Stu

17. michev

michev

Every day of the week there is something going on.

Hey Palosfv3,nice talking to you on saturday.

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

There are about that many every year. Bad idea for a Street Festival. People leaning on cars, moving mirrors, etc

19. My dad used to go to Topp's on Ogden, but it is long gone.

20. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I'm told downtown Plainfield has a decent car show on Tuesday nights, but it's open to whatever. I've also been by a restaurant on Butterfield in Lombard, across from Portillos that has a cruise night on Thursdays, I believe. Cannot remember the name. I haven't attended anything around Chicago because my car is about as taken apart as a car can get. I'm interested in checking out some local customs or rods if an event develops. I'll bring the grille from my Merc to prove I at least own a grille to a Merc.

21. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

had a hunch it was gone Thanks for the info :)

22. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Look into my eyes! You'll all be hanging out at the shop this friday night for adult beverage night...............

23. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Is there an official party Ray Gun?

24. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

Move it to next friday

25. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

It's our official monthly party if that's what you mean. LOL

26. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I've been wanting to come by HRCC. What time does the party kick off?

27. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We usually suggest around 6pm, so that we have time to wrap up our work for the day before people come over.

28. They have a lot of cool stuff at the shop, I went there for one of the swap meet days. Hopefully I can bring up the Merc some time.

Sooo... What about Chicago stuff. I'm recalling a car show maybe Fridays at the McD's by Higgins and River Road, something like that? Anyone?

I hope we can do Blade's cruise idea sometime soon too, I just gotta fix my fuel issue.

29. SLCK64

SLCK64

Gotta put my .02 in so I can keep tracked of this thread. I work by the west end of EOE and Lake.

I would love to come by HRCC next month if you guys dont mine a '64 Comet thats going to be along the lines of a stock/super stock racer.

30. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We're '64 and earlier, dragsters of any era, and on Friday night plenty of people drive their dailys. :D