Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. I have a buddy who's buddy has a pick up truck, I can ask him if you like. Do you have a hoist?

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Chrome on your motor is irrelevant. Your car could have a 5.0 EFI Coyote motor and still get in with the hood closed.

3. If that's the case then just my dash and steering wheel would not let me in, interesting.

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

John, there is NOTHING... ANYWHERE... that says chrome is not allowed at the Pileup. Where do you guys get this stuff????

5. No no, just saying that my valve covers and air filter are some street rodder Edelbrock stuff and definitely post-1964. My dash has a billet insert I have not had a chance to address that.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Gotcha. On a closed hood, it could be the poster child for the Billet Specialities catalog... we don't care as long as the hood is closed. As for the dash, maybe you could paint it for the short term? It's been awhile since I've seen your dash. Your makeover is so bad ass, that I would hate to see you not get in over something that you intend to change anyway. We can discuss that later though. There is plenty of time. Maybe I'll see you at Garage Days on the 22nd?

7. Hmm I'd hope to have a change figured out before October. Thanks Chad!

8. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

What's this garage thing on the 22nd?

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  9. One time I was running late to visit a client in Decatur and at one point I was going about 90mph for like an hour. :)

What year is your truck?

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Hey Blades. Would your engine fit into the back of a van? Interior height is 48". Would have to be crane loaded and unloaded. I don't want to wreck my doors.

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

12. Yeah and I'm pretty sure my buds friend has a pickup truck and that guy does wrenching so I can ask, though i'd flip him $ for the time and gas.

13. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

we tried that and the hoist wouldn't clear the top of the van. If worse comes to worse... I'll rent a pick up truck :(. Thanks for looking out.

PM sent

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Frank, all the time people send us pics and ask if they'll have a problem getting in. Come out to Garage Days in the Panel, and I'll give you a "pre-inspection". :D

http://www.hotrodchassisandcycle.com/garagedays.php

or to the Czar-B-Que this Sunday in Westmont.

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

John, it's a custom... keep your dang hood closed! :)

Frank, every year we encourage people to ASK questions and SEND us photos if they have ANY doubts about their car. The rules are pretty clear, but some of them are subjective, so it never hurts to ask. Every year we get maybe 10 questions. 8 out of 10 have no problems, know they don't have problems, but thought they'd just double-check.

The Pileup (and the Heads-Up) is organized by NINE guys. We're not some multi-national corporation with a call center in India. We actually respond to questions. :D

16. Blade I reached out to my friend, will let you know. Menard's rents out trucks pretty cheap.

17. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Chad, the garage days is at the shop? That would be good cause then I may be able to coordinate the white walls deal.
    Hey Joe, I know and I respect you guys and your position on what you let in to the events.
    Thanks.

18. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Joe, I'll keep my hood closed. What about my Cragars? Would I be better off puttin them steelies back on for the Hunnert? I cut 1 or 2 Czars hair... that just dawned on me. And of course I know most of the guys. I should just ask in person. Maybe I'll have my car over at Danny and Lisa's for the BBQ???? Well, I at least hope.

Cool! Thanks! Stupid motor!!!

19. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

What engine are you putting in your car Blades?

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

No problem with Cragar SS but let's not get off topic. I'll definitely see you at Lisa's.

Frank, we are NOT influenced by spectators. If we were, then we would not have cracked down on ratz and would be allowing a lot more cars in

21. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

A hopped up Ford 200 with a c4 trans:D

22. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Give a shout on a weekend I'll help you put it in the car. You know I actually am jealous of that combo as of now. I'm loud fast and broke.

23. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

For sure. Pm'd you my number.

24. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

[​IMG]

Took the little old Petunia for a long cruise today, went to the forest preserves. Rolled with a few bikers, blasted the air horn at a few kids.
    She ran real well even though it was stinky humid.
    Oh yeah put on the flags for memorial day.
    After about an hour they looked like they were on deadliest catch or somethin'.

These two little old ladies were looking at it from a car next to me as I sat at the stop light. The one old lady says, whys it so loud? The other old lady says cause its old. She says to her friend is it just loud or is it fast? No the gal says it's just old and slow, that's the way they made the cars back then.
    I am known to make the funny faces, and I thus did so.
    So as is likely to happen the light turned green and for a moment I sort of intentionally forgot the Mrs. was sitting next to me. Hey, these things just happen. Sorry.
    So you know, well... I sort of never staged the old thing and got the stall to engage with her in the truck......This was very exciting....she is a loud screamer....so you know, funny how she stomps the shit out of the floor on her side as if to engage some magic brakes or somethin'.......I made a little dust and gave the tires a good excercising.....as if there were devils in them, ya know.....so these two old gals pull up next to us at the next light and look as if they are going to toss a few insults at us, faces all puckered and such......they look at the Mrs.......she looks a bit god fearin' at this moment, sorta an olive color...the one old gal says..Geez Emily ..did you see the look on that woman's face? How'd you like to be married to that crazy son of a bitch?
    Emily just smiled at me and gave a little finger wave.
    Yeah boys, we converted another one today. A bit late but better than never.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  25. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Great story! Made my day!

26. Just a little bit of glass/vent window work on mine, and I'm on the road. Did you stab in your drivetrain yet?

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I've had the coupe out a few times and the wagon too. Anyone going to the Blacktop Baron's Road Block Saturday?

28. michev

michev

So when we going to meat up?

29. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Here's a nice event:

Lincolnwood Fest
    Sunday July 31 10 am to 2 pm Proesel Park Lincolnwood Illinois

Says 1985 and older, I'm taking my older there, been to the fest part, nice.

www.lincolnwoodfest.com

30. michev

michev

I'm out everyday of the week somewhere on the southside. Westchester on mondays,Tinley or Tilted Kilt on tues,Lemont on wed,Hometown on thurs,Steak and shake in Tinley or Dukes on fri,159th and bell on sat,Tastee freeze in Palos on sunday.