Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Chicago Brushmasters letter a funny car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldracer, Feb 16, 2015.

1. 1oldracer

1oldracer

This past weekend at the Race & Performance Expo in St Charles, IL 8 artist (including yours truly) gold leafed, lettered and pinstriped a Pinto funny car with the proceeds going to the Ronald McDonalds House Charity. If you go to Facebook. search for Chicago Brushmasters and click on the photos on the left side of the page, you will see the story in photos from start to finish. Check it out, rj

hugh m likes this.
  2. Boatmark

Boatmark

Glad people are keeping this art form alive. I raced boats in my young days, and loved sitting and watching our sign guy do the lettering and leafing. Older man who make it look effortless. I on the other hand could screw up touching up a scratch through the lettering. Doing it in vinyl just doesn't have the same soul.

On a side note - The motorsports artist / painter Kenny Youngblood was friends with and was usually at the races with one of our competitors. Watching him freehand a logo on our boat in the pits when I had forgotten something was amazing. Same deal one night at dinner - he was bored, and took a Sharpie and a poster board and did an incredibly detailed "movie poster" incorporating items from the various conversations going on around the table. The kind of thing if you looked at it for an hour you found more humor and detail woven into everything. Wish I had been smart enough to grab it at the end of the evening.

3. 1oldracer

1oldracer

Yes Yenny is a true artist. I met him a few years ago, a really class act.

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

RJ and his gang are a ton of fun to work with. They show off their talents and raise money for a great cause. I have been honored now for the second time to have one of my cars lettered and striped by these fabulous artists

8. slammed

slammed

9. slammed

slammed

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

101_0246.JPG

those are NOT decals. Same with the headlights and tail lights. that is the skill of RJ! the Wizard!

quick85 and Muttley like this.
  11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

1971 Pinto Funny Car Lettered (4).JPG 1971 Pinto Funny Car Lettered (11).JPG

thank you fellas, for a great time raising money for a great cause. "It's not a race car until it is lettered"

quick85 likes this.
  14. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

WOW! What an amazing and talented crew!

bobwop likes this.
  15. Looks incredible! Thanks for posting. Mikey.

bobwop likes this.
  16. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

A fun time had by all !

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the funny car will be at MKE World of Wheels this weekend.

Check out the fantastic art by the Brushmasters and then participate in the activity on stage with their counterparts.

18. What an All-Star lineup! I'd like to have been involved in that project... Just to clean and oil their brushes and watch over their shoulders as they worked. :rolleyes:

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I hope you are going to attend the Chicago World of Wheels. The Chicago Brushmasters will be lettering the Lil' Tantrum gasser and the Iaconio and Allen Monza