Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHHR 06, Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beep, Sep 5, 2006.

1. T-Roy

T-Roy

Hey Jimmy, I shoulda known you were on here! I'll be lookin' forward to that "cold one" bro. Is that '40 Chev gonna be competing out there? :cool:

-Troy

2. BBBad2dabone

BBBad2dabone

I'll be getting married in the grove on Saturday before the first round of TF.

3. oso64

oso64

na, dales leaving the 40 in san diego.we might be running the 40 at the mooneyes x mas show.hey bad2dabone (lilard) nice to see you drop by the shop the other day( tec services) -jimmy-

4. ME. I go every year. I usually go on Friday alone, drive back and go with the guys on Saturday. I might stay at a motel overnite this time. Where's the best place for Hot Rod nite activity to stay on Friday nite?? Phone number? How far from the track?

5. oso64

oso64

5 DAYS TO GO!!!! see you guys there!! -jimmy-

6. lolife

lolife

We always go to the Sleazy-8 (Easy-8) in Bakersfield (not the one farther north). It's right next to the Hobo village along the drainage ditch. Course it would be booked solid by now by low-rent types such as myself. Make sure you get your credit card back from the clerk. She always leaves it in the machine for some damned reason. Bring your own sheets, towels, and ant spray.

It's a good place to stay if you like to eat breakfast at Zingo's, which is on the way to the track. It's a short hop to the event hotel.

7. lolife

lolife

Just don't have your honeymoon near the know-it-all-stands thankyou...

8. Ahhhhhh, Zingos, where they fry the bacon in diesel fuel.

9. ThingyM

ThingyM

I'll be there with the Rattican,Jackson and Stearns fiat. My trailer says Midnight Madness on the sides. Stop by and say HI.. Also I'll be crusin the pits in my golf cart. It says 916 tow on the front, And has 2 big starter batts on the back... Dick.

10. hershambob

hershambob

i will be there on sat afternoon with 3 other englishmen and no we are not australians,,,cant wait

11. Justin B

Justin B

i'm heading up there as soon as i finish lunch, i'll be helping rick out with the topo fed. he's gonna run fuel this year so it should be pretty interesting since the car wouldn't go in a straight line on alky.

12. moses

moses

on our way me oldbeet k-member
    moses

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i'll be there sat morning, looking foward to it!

14. T-Roy

T-Roy

I had to drive south to Van Nuys, from Bakersfield today.... Saw the "Assassin" FED, the "Bad News" '41 Willys, a Nostalgia Eliminator car, a couple more fuel dragsters, a few roadsters & coupes, nomads and a bitchin' 46-48 Plymouth business cpe all headed North for the Reunion..... Can't wait for the weekend man....

See you guys there!

-Troy

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If rodders can come from England and Australia and Japan and so on "bless there heart" what the hell is wrong with alot of locals whom have lame excuses why they cannot go! Like too much traffic or I am baby sitting or it is too far or I have no money or it is too hot or whatever. Holy shit I will be there, I have to get my nitro fix and say hello to Squeek and Franco.

16. oso64

oso64

i headed out there today (thursday).man there is some great rides out there.i'll be out there for a little bit tomorrow.see you on saturday.look for the wagon. -jimmy-

17. Justin B

Justin B

well shit it didn't work out to well for me, i went over to help get jerry's gasser ready we had some mag issues trying to get it started and didn't get it to fire until about 10pm. we started getting everything loaded into the trailer/ motorhome and like the dumbass that i am i tripped getting out of the motor home and got a loud popping out of my ankle when my foot decided to bend back up to the point where the sole of my shoe was touching the back of my leg. we ran around looking for an open urgent care and didn't find any so i'm home now and drugged up well, not sure if it's broke or just dislocated or what but at this point it's about 3 times the size of my other foot. i'll get it fixed tommorow when i wake up then hopefully i can bum a late ride up to the reunion as i don't think i'll be driving anytime soon. if you see a gimp on crutches sat or sun come and say high.

god those little green pills work good

18. Just waiting for my friend from England to arrive here this afternoon & we are outta here too!!!

19. T-Roy

T-Roy

Hope to see ya there man! I know it's not the same, but I'll be posting some pics afterwards if you don't end up makin' it...

I'll be watchin' for ya though!

-Troy