Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHHR 06, Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beep, Sep 5, 2006.

1. :confused: Who all is going to Bakersfield for the CHHR this year? Can we meet somewhere and have a HAMB drink or two? My first HAMB drags was over the top and I certainly intend to go again next year. :p Ahhhhhh, but the smell of nitro and the pop of an old style blown fueler calls loudly. See ya there.

2. old beet

old beet

I know FEDER will be there, he was invited to race his Dodge Dart.......OLDBEET

3. Muttley

Muttley

I'll be there........a HAMB meet would be cool.

4. Eryk

Eryk

I'm going. I'll be in the Viper pit with Chili Phil.

5. I'll be there with several Brits!

6. stan292

stan292

I'll be there - hanging out with the other old farts in the Standard 1320 group (the guys who will be doing the majority of the live-fire "cackles" in "the grove" behind the bleachers).

Yeah - let's set up some sort of HAMB get-together. All the "rat" and '50s-style crowd seems to gather at the far end of the bleachers - near the entrance to the swap meet. Maybe somewhere in that area would be good.

I'm not familiar with the local watering holes, but I'm sure some of you younger guys are. If you think an off-track deal would be better, just name a cool joint or motel parking lot and pick a time.

Another easy-to-do place and time might be in the bar at the Doubletree Hotel after the Friday evening awards program. Of course, they'll be "cackling" one or two cars in the parking lot immediately after the ceremonies, but that usually only lasts a half-hour to 45-minutes).

Otherwise, the Standard 1320 group has an "easy-up" tent and picnic table behind the bleachers that's easy to spot (look for the big black and red logo banner). Feel free to drop by and chat. Lots of good guys - even a few "heroes" from "the day" - especially if you like the old front-engined dragsters.

I'll be wearing a red ball cap with a big "N" on the front (usually it stands for "Nebraska", but the meaning changes to "Nitro" during the CHRR - LOL).

7. derelict

derelict

I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys already know about this but there's a great bunch of bars off Easy Street downtown Bakersfield. Be great for a place to meet up.

8. Mike

Mike

I'll be there with my orange and black '57 Chevy gasser.

9. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

The wife and I'll be there with the Kornbinder, parked some where in the Grove.

10. I think the best place for the HAMB to meet would be at the track. The Standard 1320 deal sounds good to me. Damn,,,I sure do hope I'll have my re-created AA/Fuel Coupe popping by the 07 event. If so, I'll definetely have it there. How many nitro burning 430 MEL's ya ever seen?

11. LIMEY

LIMEY

I will be there.......would love to meet some of you guys, Stan i'll look out for ya!

Kev.

12. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

I'll be in the TF pits or the Standard 1320 group area most of the time. Hope to meet some of ya there. Will also try to find the Viper pit this time around.

David Pace
    www.outlawnitro.net

13. I'll be there, haven't missed a CHRR yet.

14. TERPU

TERPU

TERPU and NEALINCA, JOHN DANGER's first one. RRRAAAAAAAAAAAHPAH over and over I can't wait, I'm already so excited my wife can't stand me! - Yes normally she just laughs it off. The best part is my little boy is getting close to being able to go, then we will for sure drive her crazy! After that clearance to build our own front motor car should be a snap.

Tim

15. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

Feder and I will be there, providing the $800 dollar truck can make the pull from seattle. we would love to meet some of you guys. every year down there we meet a few more hambers. we'll be racing B/FX in the blue '68 injected dart.
    FEDSLED

[​IMG]

16. The Viper's Pit is conveniently located at the top end, under the windsock, on the pit side.

Home of the DiggerDog, HemiBurger and the Hydrazine Flash Chili¬Ö

Attached Files:

17. oso64

oso64

i'll be there, shoot i should, i live there.if anyone comes down friday, cruise by the shop and say hi.8534 golden state highway, bako, its right off the 99. -jimmy-

18. Dawn

Dawn

Mark and I will be there. The Viper Pit area is a very cool location to meet...especially after hours.

30 days and counting!

19. stan292

stan292

Here's my ugly mug for reference - and a couple genuine drag racing heroes to balance things out.

I had a chance to talk with the lateTony Nancy a couple years back. What a thrill, and one of the great things about the CHRR. Guys of Tony's "genre" are literally everywhere there, and most are more than happy to chat with a "fan" for a few minutes.

At my first CHRR in 2000, I'm sitting at a table in the NHRA tent eating a burger with a friend, when we hear someone ask "hey, mind if I sit here?." We look up and it's none other than "the man" - TV Tommy Ivo (!). We both stumbled over our tongues offering him a seat - then spent at least a half-hour bullshitting with him. Its a truely amazing event.

Anyway - although I've gotten so much better looking in the last couple years that you might not recognize me personally (LOL) - I'll be wearing the same bright red "N for Nitro" cap. Keep an eye out for it, and be sure to snag me and say hi.

Attached Files:

20. Oh crap.....if your going, I'm not!! Bugger off back to your own country.... :p

21. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

Holy cow... Dawn's a FNG? Haaahahhaaaa!!!!! I'll be there, robbing coolers and picnic tables from the starting line all the way down to the 2nd turnout... and looking for my old pals, and probably meeting a few new ones! Look forward to seeing the Feders... you guys gonna be at Arlington this weekend? Maybe I'll even hang with all them old guys in the 1320 area for a while... LOL!

22. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Me and other Boulevardos will be there chillin with the Vipers C.C

23. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Myself and the rest of the "Dreams of Legends" crew should be there.....

24. Yup. And the Wife and lots of friends.
    My first trip to the U.S. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!!!!!!!

25. FEDER

FEDER

OSCAH!!! See You at Arlington. Tried to call You at the shop You still on a
    ALL SUMMER LONG VACATION?
    need to talk to Ya----------FED

26. Dawn

Dawn

Monkey-boy...is that you?

27. Chassis John

Chassis John
    from Sacramento

We will be in the top fuel pits at the CHRR with our brand new top fuel dragster. Joining us will be Steve Glucoft of Amocat Speed Emporium in Puyallup, Washington. Steve is a member of our crew and has been a very big part of making this project happen. We want to invite any HAMBer's that attend to stop by our pits anytime during the weekend to look the car over. Right now it's kind of barn fresh and we will be kind of testing and tuning, but hoping to give some of them a run for their money. John & Judee Shoemaker, American Eagle Racing.

28. My wife and I will be there, probably cruisin' in the Impala....Good times! I've got a book that my wife & kids gave to me last Christmas.... Diggers, Funnies, Gassers & Altereds by Bob McClurg. I use it as an autograph book. Awesome conversation piece as well.

29. plan9

plan9

i think ill be taking you up on that offer John, good luck!

30. oso64

oso64

shoot troy, you better show up, i'll have a cold one waiting for you. -jimmy-