Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Chevy WC 88 T5 Camero Case and WC S10 Tailshaft Housing

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Bib Overalls, Oct 13, 2017.

1. City: Jonesboro

State: Arkansas
    Price: $400/Trade
    Out in my shed I have a World Class 88 Chevy T5 transmission. The good news is that it has a WC case with the standard Chevy Muncy bolt pattern and seems to be serviceable. The bad news is that this transmission has the lousy gear set and the angled mount.

I also have a late Chevy WC S10 transmission with the desireable forward shift position. The bad news is that it has the four banger gear set and the former owner, whom I know, thought sidestepping the clutch would be a neat experience. Let's call the guts junk.

If anyone is interested I will strip down the both the Camero and the S10 transmissions and sell the case, top cover, and tailshaft housing along with any other parts you might want for $400 firm.

Using this case and tailshaft you can build a strong T5 with the addition of guts from a late model Mustang T5.

I would also consider trading both transmissions complete or stripped as described for a serviceable late T5 out of a V6 or V8 Mustang.

Very flexible on this. My goal is to end up with a strong T5 to go behind my 401 Nailhead.

2. Found a V8 T5 in Helina, AR, about 90 miles from here. Price was right and I had to make a trip to the VA Medical Center in Memphis so I simply took the long way home. It has been opened up at least once and the gent that did it says the guts are in good shape. Hoping he is right.

With this acquisition I am going to put off selling any of my T5s until I take a closer look at what all I will need to build two Chevy T5s, one for my project and one to put back just in case.