Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy truck help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by classicchevyguy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. classicchevyguy

classicchevyguy
    from ky

Hey guys u have helped me a lot on my truck build and I got another question. I'm restoring a 56 chevy truck an am wantin a tilt steering column for it an a flaming river 1 doesn't fit into the budget so I was wondering if u had any ideas on other cars or trucks I could pull 1 out of

2. buds56

buds56

I put a 79 chevy van column in the one i built a few yrs ago.

Roughly early 70's to 81 or 82 when they started putting the key on the column in the vans work real well.
    Hope this helps, Bud

Attached Files:

3. apache matt

apache matt

classic performance products sells on that they call their economy column but i dont really like mine cause it has a little play in the tilt pins. it does look and work great but i would try a van column fist, it would be alot cheaper. we put one in my dads 59 out of an 80's chevy van and it seems like its going to work great when we get done.

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I stuck a Camaro tilt in my 59 Apache....most wiring companies sell kits/adaptors to get the turnsignals and related harnesses hooked in with little or no problem.

dj