Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy in a ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by richard crow, Aug 22, 2012.

1. richard crow

richard crow

i have a 69 chevy 307 it has a 168 tooth std shift flywheel i have an adaptor for an early ford trans the adpt. has a three bolt hole for an early chevy starter what size starter drive do i need how maney teeth the drive i have don,t mesh with the flywheel thanks [email protected]

2. if you want to bolt the starter to the adapter , i believe you need the one for the late 50s turboglide

if you want to bolt the starter to the engine block , you need the common staggered starter

3. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

You will need a 153 tooth flywheel and an early starter. Starter canstill be had from NAPA - used on lots of agricultural machines for years after chevy went to the block mounted starter

4. I get my starters from Autozone for the small block in my Willys, it is the same 3 bolt starter that was on my '65 C-10.

5. roundvalley

roundvalley

No need to change flywheel. 168 tooth will work. Go to Napa and look for early Chevy bull nose mount starter. 55 to 57???

6. i believe the starter i was talking about in my first post uses a 14" flywheel

correct me if i'm wrong

[​IMG]