Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy distributor help???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike budniewski, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

i found a magnetic pickup tach drive distributor no vacum advance takes the small non hei gm cap. aluminum tag reads 11111263 could anyone tell me the original application? thanks mike

2. squirrel

squirrel

read the number again?

From another forum:

"The 1111263 is the highly prized “Ball Bearing” distributor. This was a heavy duty version initially released for the reverse-drive camshaft 427 big block racing engine. It has a special ball bearing on the upper part of the mainshaft instead of the usual bronze bushing. It also has an iron housing with a mechanical tach drive and a special reverse-drive distributor gear that permitted normal clockwise rotation of the distributor in this special 427 engine. It was specified not to have a vacuum advance. (The plate inside the distributor was fixed in position.) This distributor listed for $1,699.05 in the 1991 Chevrolet parts books! I know of several Corvette guys that would love to have a chat with you!!"