Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy Advanced Design Trucks 1947-55

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by crashfarmer, Jul 17, 2018.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I owned a 1954 Chevy cab over but I sold it a number of years ago. I hated to see it go down the road. It was a cool old truck and it was in pretty good shape. My Great Uncle Fred had a 1955 1st series GMC That he hardly drove. I remember that cool Hydra-Matic shift pattern on the column. I was still a kid when he sold his farm and moved to town and that's when the pickup left. I would have tried to buy it if I'd been older.

I still regret selling my cabover but a person just can't keep everything but I try. :( It's been years since it went down the road and I've thought about looking for another but I have too many things that I'll probably run out of time in life to do anyway. I like to go watch that series of truck and pickup sell at farm auctions and I still see the price steadily increasing on those over the years.

The guy I sold mine to didn't want the box on it so I removed it. These are some of the last pictures I took of the old girl. Kind of makes me sad. That's my my 1954 Allis Chalmers WD45 in the first picture, kind of matches the 1954 Chevy. :)
    1954ChevyCabOver.jpg Goodbye1954ChevyCabOver.jpg

I ran across this video today of a 48 GMC hauling wood. That engine sure sounds fine under a load. :) Great video!

2. NoSurf

NoSurf

crashfarmer likes this.
  3. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

If you get ready to buy another COE I have a really nice original 39 COE 1 1/2 Ton that runs nice, brakes are weak and the tires are just OK. Came from S CAL off of a orchard 63K miles.

crashfarmer likes this.